ADVERTISEMENT

Zippie too?

Well, something is wrong, very wrong with this team/group. Zippy always seemed so happy. She was up and clapping her team mates all the time even with her big boot on.
Really don't understand all this. Did CVS let the team know she won't return next year?

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Whoa!! What the heck! I can't take much more of this. It's the not knowing that's killing me.

Every team has to have a player or two that has second thoughts about their initial commitment. The rule changes have provided student athletes with liberties that only the coaches enjoyed up until now.

After such a weird Covid year, I think many student-athletes will approach this transfer period with the attitude;
- Since I can,...I guess I will.
-Grass looks greener attitude
-If you're going to give me stimulus money,... Dangit!, I'm gonna spend it attitude

The NCAA granted everybody a mulligan.

Reactions: RUClassof67
Every team has to have a player or two that has second thoughts about their initial commitment. The rule changes have provided student athletes with liberties that only the coaches enjoyed up until now.

After such a weird Covid year, I think many student-athletes will approach this transfer period with the attitude;
- Since I can,...I guess I will.
-Grass looks greener attitude
-If you're going to give me stimulus money,... Dangit!, I'm gonna spend it attitude

The NCAA granted everybody a mulligan.
Just to be clear, ...This post is not attempting to address Zippy, Mael, or Diamond's individual situations. It is just addressing the overall transfer situation across the NCAA this year.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that Coach Stringer’s contract was set to end in two to three months. I have seen multiple schools announce contract renewals/extensions for their Women’s basketball coach and nothing from Rutgers. The players entering the portal could be using it as a safety net just in case Stringer is not renewed or decides to hang it up. We all know that these young ladies came specifically to play for Stringer. If she’s no longer the coach and with the COVID rule, why not see what else is out there.

Well, something is wrong, very wrong with this team/group. Zippy always seemed so happy. She was up and clapping her team mates all the time even with her big boot on.
Really don't understand all this. Did CVS let the team know she won't return next year?
“ There’s trouble in Paradise the stars no longer shine”.

Whoa!! What the heck! I can't take much more of this. It's the not knowing that's killing me.
Uh oh.... maybe it’s time to realize “ all good things must end someday, autumn leaves must fall”.

If CVS is coming back, can we at least bring in a new assistant or two that has coached at The Shore or had success recruiting high level Division 1 kids from The Shore.

lol ........Bob, I thought we agreed to social distance.
Social distance? The institutional mechanism used to separate society and therefore separate us in society. A perfect way to enhance selective programs for all of us . What a perfect lever to pull for promoting this systemic crock of dung.

Many on here respect Stringer and her coaching legacy . Many don’t want to see the program go in the tank and her get tossed aside but the time of her leaving is getting closer. Give her a 1 year extension and allow her another victory lap in 2022. Meanwhile get her replacement ready.

I still would like to know who Raoul is, and how she/he gets to post more about RU team/players than any of the RU sites.
He is a WBB blogger, concentrating on recruiting and transfers. Been around a couple of years, gets mentioned a lot on the UConn board. So far as I know he doesn't go out and guess, his information is generally considered solid.

RU mentions are a very, very small part of what he reports about. That said, I don't actually read his blog or get his frequent tweets, just see them mentioned by posters.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Post 2009 season we have been no better than a mediocre to sometimes decent team...truth hurts. I’m guessing almost every RUWBB fan thought we were about to become a fixture deep in the tourney every year. Even pre portal, we have have consistently under-achieved, bled talent and underwhelmed given our many highly rated classes. Too bad Sue Wicks never became a big-time coach. Even once mighty tennessee is having a tough time getting out from under the shadow of a legend. For all we know, even UConn might have to deal with it; at least they both have 8+ natty banners to warm themselves with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bac2therac
Post 2009 season we have been no better than a mediocre to sometimes decent team...truth hurts. Even pre portal, we have have consistently under-achieved and underwhelmed given our many highly rated classes. Too bad Sue Wicks never a came a big-time coach. Even once mighty tennessee is having a tough time getting out from under the shadow of a legend. Heck even UConn might have to deal with it; at least they both have 8+ natty banners to warm themselves with.
Mediocre is a bit harsh. I would reverse your adjectives, a generally decent / good team with some mediocre seasons, It is not, I 100% understand, what most Rutgers fans seem to accept, particularly the virtually complete lack of NCAA tournament success.

I don't believe most seasons were especially worse than our recruiting would suggest, however, again, on average I suppose our recruiting would suggest better results post-season.

Sue Wicks is farming Oysters. Don't think she ever had a passion for coaching,

Tennessee's biggest issue is a fan base that wants them once again to be a dominant program - which is a lot easier to wish for than to achieve.

And UConn isn't going to have to deal with it particularly soon (barring something unexpected), but their 11 banners will keep them warm when it does happen, as you say. Or more, as their upcoming recruiting classes are "sick" as they say.

Post 2009 season we have been no better than a mediocre to sometimes decent team...truth hurts. I’m guessing almost every RUWBB fan thought we were about to become a fixture deep in the tourney every year. Even pre portal, we have have consistently under-achieved, bled talent and underwhelmed given our many highly rated classes. Too bad Sue Wicks never became a big-time coach. Even once mighty tennessee is having a tough time getting out from under the shadow of a legend. For all we know, even UConn might have to deal with it; at least they both have 8+ natty banners to warm themselves with.
#1 recruiting class in the Big Ten, #8 in the country, ranked most of the season, 9 wins in a row, upset by a Sweet 16 team in the B1G tourney when 1 player shot unconscious from 3 ran into a buzz saw and then just a blown lead in an otherwise comfy NCAA game? Mediocre?? You guys are starting to sound like Tennessee fans

Reactions: TRU2RU and RUcrazee
Several years ago I was a candidate for a teaching position. I would be replacing a veteran of some four decades whom, coincidentally, had been my teacher. When I asked why she was being replaced, I was told that she could no longer handle the responsibilities. I was taken aback as the teacher in question had always been outstanding both as a teacher and disciplinarian. It was explained to me that she did not move with the times, and that she was stuck in the ways that had brought her success through the decades. Sound familiar? The players are different now than they were in the past when Coach Stringer was so successful. Look at her won-lost percentage.....it was better in the past than it is now. Why are all these players transferring? Take the blinders off.

Reactions: bac2therac
I am joining the Transfer Portal, as well. CVS has had a long and glorious career. But, everything and everyone has a shelf life.
She’s Willie Mays on the ‘73 Mets...except the Mets were much more successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT