ADVERTISEMENT

“Taking Chance”

Pretty sure it was @MrsScrew that recommended it a few years back.

First time I watched it I was at work in my own TV room. Luckily we had no calls and none of my men came to bother the boss.

Tough to get thru.😢

It probably was me. It's so disappointing that HBO no longer plays it every year. Available on Amazon Prime now.

Extremely tough to get through. I basically cry from opening to closing credits when I watch it.

If anyone hasn't read the original blog post that the movie was adapted from, here you go. Just as emotional as the movie

Actually had this on DVD watched it many many times over the years.

It probably was me. It's so disappointing that HBO no longer plays it every year. Available on Amazon Prime now.

Extremely tough to get through. I basically cry from opening to closing credits when I watch it.

If anyone hasn't read the original blog post that the movie was adapted from, here you go. Just as emotional as the movie

I know it’s available on Max and all, but they really should have stuck to running it every Memorial Day weekend on the main HBO like they did for several years after it first aired.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsScrew
I know it’s available on Max and all, but they really should have stuck to running it every Memorial Day weekend on the main HBO like they did for several years after it first aired.
Agree.

I know we all love “Band of Brothers”, but this was really good…on point, no message. Memorial Day (and the whole weekend) is a great spot for it.

Didn’t know about Amazon Prime, @MrsScrew. That’s good to know.

Last edited:
HBO's not really a Pro America institution.
I wouldn’t say that since they run shows like Band of Brothers, the Pacific and John Adams around the observance days. I just thought it was strange that they stopped running this on the main channels when it’s only one movie. It’s not like they have to run a day of shows or anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT