ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Trending Well....

jmc11201

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2005
Boston
This is all my opinion and speculation, but it really feels like we are in the process of putting a very good class together.

At this point, we are off to a good start in the class with Field, Jabbie, Pollock, and Krimin. All four are guys the staff offered early and viewed as priority recruits. Anytime we get guys this early, it tells me that they are high up on our staff's recruiting board and I don't care much about their offer lists.

The thing that has me excited is that it feels like the floor on this class is high and that the ceiling is through the roof.

I think your best case scenario is that JG comes here. If he does, I get the sense that Ahmir Mitchell and Naseir Upshur would come with him. That would be 3 Top 100 players in the country. I also think that the positive vibes would help bring the Camden guys here, and that would add another Top 100 player in Ron Johnson. Jordan Fuller seems possible if there is a 'movement' to Rutgers as well. All of that doesn't feel like a stretch to me.

If JG goes elsewhere, though, it still seems like we will put together a very strong class...one where most/all of the guys have plenty of 'Power 5' options.

QB: Russo
RB: Sneed
WR: Still a ton of talent out there...maybe Mitchell, but a few of Coleman, Stewart, Harmon, Vassell (maybe DB), Hawkins, Dubois, Grey, etc. Hard to think we don't end up with a solid group of WRs in this class.
TE: Upshur, Haskins, and Marten (Poly Prep, Syracuse and BC offers). I think Upshur would be dependent on JG, not sure where Haskins stands, but maybe Marten would be next in line.
OL: Off to a great start with Field and Krimin. Have to think we will be in it until the end with Jordan Johnson. Tough to get a read on Fries, but I suspect he ends up elsewhere.
DL: Tymir Oliver seems likely to come here as well as Quayshon Alexander. I suspect Ron Johnson is dependent on whether other 'big names' come here.
LB: Dymelle Parker (Camden) seems to be a lean here.
DB: Phil Campbell seems likely.

I know there are plenty of others out there that are sure to come to Rutgers, but the ones above are ones that seem like above average probabilities.

All the guys above strike me as legitimate, solid guys to build a team around. Not sure we get to the promised land without some of the higher rated guys, but it doesn't feel like there will be a need to stretch too much for our 2nd and 3rd tier choices this year, and that the class is more likely to resemble the non-2012 Schiano classes, where the bulk of the guys had other 'Power 5' options. If JG were to come here, I think things really go to another level, where you effectively replace the bottom 5 or 6 guys in this class with Top 100/250 guys and really get the opportunity to push things forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News