ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Wing Oskar Palmquist Taking OV

I like the ability of this recruit to score from the 3 point line as well as drive to the basket.It would be nice,however, to see once in a while a recruit miss a shot on the film clip for a little reality perspective.

Looks impressive on that video. A 6’8” lefty who can bury it from deep, has a good handle for a guy his size, including going strong to his right, plus court awareness and passing skill. Hard to tell the level of comp on these videos, and not enough evidence of how he plays defensively, but there’s a lot to like. Hope we can land this kid.

Interest from a lot of good programs.

I like this kid. A light version of the type of kid Michigan beats the crap out of us with every year.

I like the ability of this recruit to score from the 3 point line as well as drive to the basket.It would be nice,however, to see once in a while a recruit miss a shot on the film clip for a little reality perspective.
You're a moron

Reactions: ScarletR30
Interest from a lot of good programs.

I like this kid. A light version of the type of kid Michigan beats the crap out of us with every year.

Yeah, as I was watching the video, I couldn't help but think "Brazdeikis-lite".

Kid won't wow you athletically, but he has a nice stroke from 3-pt range, has a deft touch around the basket (knows how to "finish"), and seems to have good court awareness and passing ability.

Offensively, he's definitely a take, a good "stretch 4" kind of guy. But we can't tell whether he has good lateral movement and quicks to play defense at this level, or the strength to bang down low.

Reactions: BillyC80 and Scangg
Agree on these videos like to see not just scoring. Some rebounds in traffic and defense would help his cause.

He sure looks good to me. I hope he loves his visit. Many of his 3's were way beyond the arc.We could use him for sure.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
He looks really good. Can drive to hoop and has moves, deadly from outside and I’d bet an ace from the line. He’s exactly the kind of kid who kills us. A lefty at his size who can shoot like that is a welcome addition.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
In football tapes they start with a stat line a lot of times. I wish they did that for a lot of these basketball videos. Wonder what his 3 ball% is

He's visiting Western Kentucky this week.

It's really concerning that we can't close on guys with no other power-conference offers (Mawot Mag and now this guy)

It's really concerning that we can't close on guys with no other power-conference offers (Mawot Mag and now this guy)
I guess the APC isn't as nice as what WK has to offer since many folks said that was the issue.
Seems like we can't beat out a B1G team when involved and can't effectively leverage the B1G and our brand new resources when not.
Hope I am wrong.

People so over-rated the value of this practice center...a practice center isn’t going to magically improve recruiting.

Reactions: kcg88
Do you ever see a QB's video showing sailed passes or Int's? How about a batter's baseball video showing him strking out? We all know these things happen in those sports just like missing shots in basketball. But's called a highlight video for a reason. Actually common sense reasons.

Do you ever see a QB's video showing sailed passes or Int's? How about a batter's baseball video showing him strking out? We all know these things happen in those sports just like missing shots in basketball. But's called a highlight video for a reason. Actually common sense reasons.
I know the reasons why and that is why coaches attend practices and tournaments to get a more complete picture of recruits talent.

Western Kentucky head coach Rick Stansbury and his 12 postseason trips is a pretty persuasive and formidable recruiter.

Western Kentucky head coach Rick Stansbury and his 12 postseason trips is a pretty persuasive and formidable recruiter.

That might be. However, WKU is still a different level of school/exposure/competition. We obviously don't know what in this kids head and it could be about play time or some other factors but it's Pike's 4th year here and we really need to be out-recruiting schools like Western Kentucky for kids like this.

That might be. However, WKU is still a different level of school/exposure/competition. We obviously don't know what in this kids head and it could be about play time or some other factors but it's Pike's 4th year here and we really need to be out-recruiting schools like Western Kentucky for kids like this.
I agree but the won/loss record since joining the B1G makes it difficult to close on recruits who have perceived better options.Winning on the court enhances winning in recruiting..

Reactions: KevH
Western Kentucky pays kids . It’s pretty common knowledge

On Instagram, Ron and Geo are asking for Rutgers fans to follow Oskar and show some love.
I think that is a rather strong indication that those players want this recruit to play for Rutgers next season.Rutgers needs front court players with size that can shoot.

I think ultimately we land this kid.

Hoping him, Mawot and CO are on the team come 2020 season!

GO RU

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT