Basketball 2022-23 Men's Basketball Schedule Released

That's frontloaded. The last six games:

vs. Nebraska
at Wisconsin
vs. Michigan
at Penn State
at Minnesota
vs. Northwestern

That could be a 5-1 set of games. Gonna be big for the veteran leaders to keep everyone focused if the team is 6-8 in league play entering that stretch and not in the current picture for a tournament bid.

Reactions: Scangg
Gut reaction is that 21-10 is dancing, 20-11 is bubble/Dayton, 19-12 is NIT.

If I didn't enjoy enough the fact we are playing @Miami for the third time in the B1G-ACC Challenge, the below have been our two matchups since the B1G has gone to two "early season" league games:

'21-'22
@Ill
PU (#1)

'20-'21
Ill(#13)
@OSU (#23)

'19-'20
@MSU (#11)
Wisc

'18-'19
MSU (#8)
@Wisc (#12)

'17-'18
@Minny (#12)
MSU (#3)

That's 8 ranked teams in 10 games with 7 of those being against teams ranked in the Top 15. So the least surprising thing I saw today was Rutgers two early season league games this year are Indiana and @Ohio State.

If I didn't enjoy enough the fact we are playing @Miami for the third time in the B1G-ACC Challenge, the below have been our two matchups since the B1G has gone to two "early season" league games:

'21-'22
@Ill
PU (#1)

'20-'21
Ill(#13)
@OSU (#23)

'19-'20
@MSU (#11)
Wisc

'18-'19
MSU (#8)
@Wisc (#12)

'17-'18
@Minny (#12)
MSU (#3)

That's 8 ranked teams in 10 games with 7 of those being against teams ranked in the Top 15. So the least surprising thing I saw today was Rutgers two early season league games this year are Indiana and @Ohio State.
I agree but does it really matter when we play them

I agree but does it really matter when we play them

No it doesn't. And we've won a bunch of those early games, most notably Purdue last season when our year was (somewhat) hanging in the balance after losses to Lafayette, @UMass, etc. in the OOC and a drubbing @Ill in our B1G opener before the Purdue game. However, for a team that lost our two leading scorers and a group that may take some time to gel (which shouldn't have been the case a year ago) I wouldn't have hated seeing Minny or Northwestern as one of the early games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT