ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 WR Sah'nye Degraffenreidt Commits + Another Futurecast!

I get why Hc Schiano wouldn’t name a starter after the Spring Game but it seems kinda sleazy.

“I know who the starter is going to be. But I don’t want to risk someone leaving so I’m going to hide it from both players so I can hold them hostage. I’d rather announce it when the player has minimal opportunity to transfer.”

Wouldn’t it be better to rip off the bandaid and get it over with now. Instead of upsetting the player in September? Be honest with the team.

Hopefully it’s moot and the decision hasn’t been made instead of the staff trying to play games with the QBs.

I get why Hc Schiano wouldn’t name a starter after the Spring Game but it seems kinda sleazy.

“I know who the starter is going to be. But I don’t want to risk someone leaving so I’m going to hide it from both players so I can hold them hostage. I’d rather announce it when the player has minimal opportunity to transfer.”

Wouldn’t it be better to rip off the bandaid and get it over with now. Instead of upsetting the player in September? Be honest with the team.

Hopefully it’s moot and the decision hasn’t been made instead of the staff trying to play games with the QBs.
Where fid you get that quote??

You should learn when to use quotation marks.

For Rutgers grads I would hope you could recognize that’s not an actual quote.

It’s an inference into the thought process behind purposefully not naming a starter because the staff wouldn’t want the backup to immediately transfer.

A scenario raised in the podcast.

It’s an inference into the thought process behind purposefully not naming a starter because the staff wouldn’t want the backup to immediately transfer.

Question - what was Schiano thinking last year when he named Wimsatt the starter in the Spring of 2023? Feel free to place your mind reader abilities in quotes once again.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedTeam1994

You are reaching here. Will you eat crow?

make-up boo GIF

I'm going to assume nobody has actually listened to the podcast yet.

I'll wait until someone who did listen has a comment.

Question - what was Schiano thinking last year when he named Wimsatt the starter in the Spring of 2023? Feel free to place your mind reader abilities in quotes once again.

Question - did you listen to the podcast yet?
I'm assuming not since you seem to have no idea what is being discussed.

Last edited:
You are reaching here. Will you eat crow?

make-up boo GIF

Reaching how? Eating crow for what?

I'm not the one who proposed the scenario that HC Schiano could factor in a transfer if he needed a starting QB.

Do you mean Richie would eat crow if HC Schiano names a starter now?

Reaching how? Eating crow for what?

I'm not the one who proposed the scenario that HC Schiano could factor in a transfer if he needed a starting QB.

Do you mean Richie would eat crow if HC Schiano names a starter now?
Maybe I was not following closely enough. I asked an innocent question and I did not intend an affront. I come in peace.

Someone above pointed out Greg named Wimsatt the starter after the Spring game last year.

Did you not infer from Richie's comments Greg would stretch this out so as to not lose a QB to the portal? If so for you and anyone else, I ask will you eat crow if you are wrong?

This is a different Greg from past years. He operates in a completely different way. He might surprise doubters.

Well, to be honest...in the new world of the transfer portal and NIL- A HC would be dumb as shit not to also play the cards he is dealt.

I have no idea who is going to start but if you think Greg would be the only HC who may possibly play the transfer game to protect his assets, then that is very narrow minded.

Let's also be very honest here- don't you think that a QB would sort of see the writing on the wall if they are being outplayed?

Well, to be honest...in the new world of the transfer portal and NIL- A HC would be dumb as shit not to also play the cards he is dealt.

I have no idea who is going to start but if you think Greg would be the only HC who may possibly play the transfer game to protect his assets, then that is very narrow minded.

Let's also be very honest here- don't you think that a QB would sort of see the writing on the wall if they are being outplayed?

This 100%. The reality is that it would have to be a massive gap in performance at this point though because there really is no incentive for Greg to officially name a starter now. The guy transferring would have to believe their chance of starting at a new school would be materially better.

Reactions: BLewis1968

Handwriting on the wall ?

Was Simon outplayed in the first 7 minutes of spring practice last year before Golden Gavin was named the starter ?

Last season was proof positive that the QB1 job isnt performance based.

Handwriting on the wall ?

Was Simon outplayed in the first 7 minutes of spring practice last year before Golden Gavin was named the starter ?

Last season was proof positive that the QB1 job isnt performance based.
My take on last year- and this is just gut with no proof.

Greg made the decision not to bring in a QB and that in itself, should be a firable offense. He hitched all of last year on GW because he made that mistake. Because, how can he explain, in any world, not brining in a QB on any class.
He had to start GW and hope the kid did something- and as much as we were all frustrated with GW many times- the kid somehow pulled off a miracle and got us a bowl and 7 wins.
Whew- Greg saved his ass.
But this year- he brought in a transfer how seems- is as good or better than GW. This takes the pressure off of Greg. The QB job is much more open this year than last year.

AK was brought in for a QB competition. Many sources say that the QB competition is close. Why can’t the competition just play out? There is 7 on 7 stuff, and a full summer camp with scrimmages. Lots more can happen in the next 4 months.

I get it that some want an answer to everything right now, but why stop the competition after it just started?

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT