ADVERTISEMENT

4 players to watch in Rutgers’ season opener vs Howard

I like watching flip - he makes fairy dust plays at the right time.
I would like to hear Aaron Lewis name for once (never last year)
I don't care about "pressures" and QB contact stats.

Quiet year for him last year. He needs to step up this year for our D to be special especially with Mo done for the year.

If they come in conjunction with actual sacks then its a good stat.

But otherwise i agree.

Reactions: ashokan
want to see a very clean game out of qb1

Would like to see qb2 show some promise

RB2 is a position of interest

And at least one WR look like a legit player. Really in this game it should be 2 or 3.

On D to me its all about depth guys making plays. D1 should pitch a shutout.

Reactions: eddynyse
If they come in conjunction with actual sacks then its a good stat.

But otherwise i agree.

QBs are sitting ducks and injured too much as it is without guys gunning for goon stats.

Defenders often say they cant stop going full speed once they are dialed-in and that's true sometimes but mostly false otherwise. Give guys an excuse to keep seeking contact and its sketchy territory

Quiet year for him last year. He needs to step up this year for our D to be special especially with Mo done for the year.
So, from a novice point of view- I saw Lewis as having a horrible year going by stats we love to see.
The QB pressures and contacts seem not to count..,unless, that was a team first approach..,
If the defensive game plan was to do just that- I’m Lewis’s parent- it would be the time I get into Greg’s office.
Either let my son do what he does best or go with the team first method but talk him up every chance you get.

So, from a novice point of view- I saw Lewis as having a horrible year going by stats we love to see.
The QB pressures and contacts seem not to count..,unless, that was a team first approach..,
If the defensive game plan was to do just that- I’m Lewis’s parent- it would be the time I get into Greg’s office.
Either let my son do what he does best or go with the team first method but talk him up every chance you get.
Lewis was hindered last year by the B1G Refs turning a blind eye to constant holding. RU screw.
Maybe a more level playing field this year. Especially with newbies USC, Washington, and UCLA.

Lewis was hindered last year by the B1G Refs turning a blind eye to constant holding. RU screw.
Maybe a more level playing field this year. Especially with newbies USC, Washington, and UCLA.
yeah- he was held a ton- so were the rest of the DL- and our OL was called for some of the most phantom holds I have ever seen that killed huge plays.

QBs are sitting ducks and injured too much as it is without guys gunning for goon stats.

Defenders often say they cant stop going full speed once they are dialed-in and that's true sometimes but mostly false otherwise. Give guys an excuse to keep seeking contact and its sketchy territor
Oh were you talking practice stats? I thought we were talking guys who get regular season pressures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT