ADVERTISEMENT

4-star Rutgers commit Chase Linton shares why a recent offer from Georgia football is on his mind.

I'd imagine OSU/Mich etc offered after UGA offered too. Kid's head must be spinning.
Strange world the reality that is college sports. Hope he has folks with his best interest advising him well 🤷🏻‍♂️ seems like RU will do fine regardless…schiano appears to have broken the code when it comes to recruiting.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Georgia has to have everything lol they already took the top de from NJ this year. And I'm sure they've been stacking 4 and 5 star De's for years. Have to believe in yourself but id be thinking about getting stuck behind those guys as a recruit.

he leaves, he leaves 🤷‍♂️... then that means his commitment don't mean shit. Will happen again, and again, and not just to RU.... the interviewer was definitely a douce-bag homer.

Georgia currently has in its 2025 class three DE prospects: Darren Ikinnagbon 5.8 (teammate of RU recruit Talibi Kaba) at Hillside, NJ; JJ Hanne 5.7 from California; and Isaiah Gibson 5.9 from Georgia.
In addition to Linton, Rutgers currently has commits in its 2025 class at DE from Canaan Edwards 5.6 from Georgia, Robbie Johnson Jr. 5.5 from Delaware, Raedyn Bruens 5.6 from Florida, and Miron Gurman 5.5 from New York.
Also, in 2024 Georgia took the #1 recruit in New Jersey...DT 6'6" 295 Jordan Thomas from Don Bosco and #12 OT 6' 8" 353 Nyier Daniels from Bergen Catholic.

Last edited:
Whether its Rutgers of UGA, I hope the kids gets what ends up being best for him. To me.. there is something offputting about such a late offer.. like he wasn't good enough for them to consider earlier.. but now.. at least temporarily, they deem him worthy. (I now see kbee's earlier post nailed my concerns.. maybe GA is going to gray-shirt him or someone else they already committed to in order to make room for the hot new girl in school) But as others said.. great football school.. state school.. probably at least half the people you know or in your family would be fans of said school... might be too close to home (70 miles) .. who knows? Wish him luck.. he's worked hard to get to this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT