ADVERTISEMENT

40,000 New Potential Rutgers Fans Plus New Patients

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
If the Saint Barnabas Health System Hospitals/Robert Wood Johnson Hospitals System merger goes through, Rutgers Biomedical Schools may be affiliated with hospitals all over Ocean,Monmouth,Mercer,Union,Hudson,and Essex counties. Currently,they employ over 9,000 doctors and 33,000 staff. I have no idea how many patients they take care of each year--I am guessing over 200,000. How would you market Rutgers Athletics to them? Throw in some ideas. Here are a couple of mine--
FREE Rutgers magnets with each parking garage visit
Discount season tickets (say, make a $305 season ticket $235 for the employees)
Each baby born gets a Rutgers baby blanket (maybe get a corporate sponsor to offset costs--one side says Rutgers with the "R" logo and the other side says Toys R Us,Johnson & Johnson,Gerber,Beech Nut,etc.)
Frequent visits by the Scarlet Knight (or one of his "helpers") to child patients

Last edited:
Brilliant idea bro...How about all alums and long time ticket holders agree to pay an extra $ 20 per game.... the newbies can sell those discounted tickets on stub hub...or better yet , sell tickets and parking passes to our opponents...makes sense...can we use their priority points going forward?

The way hospitals work their magnet supplier would charge them $800 for each car magnet.

Then the hospital would make the insurance company/patient pay $3000 for their medically necessary car magnet.

The magnet which costs pennies to produce would be sold for a few dollars retail, but if labeled medical, would cost $800 for for the facility to purchase (perhaps with a 20% discount for quantity purchase). The markup would be 100% to $1600. Insurance company would approve $400 unless they deemed it "experimental and investigational" or "not medically necessary". With the deductible, they'd lay out exactly zero dollars and the facility would then balance bill the $400. If not covered by insurance, then the magnet would have to be given out at no charge, unless the patient signed an Advance Beneficiary Notification, whereby they'd agree to pay for it regardless. Once billed, the typical patient would then say "if I knew insurance wasn't going to pay for it, I never would have taken it." Either way, Obama or Christie would be blamed for it, depending on the individual's particular political point of view.

Why don't we just give free stuff and discounted tickets to everybody!

The magnet which costs pennies to produce would be sold for a few dollars retail, but if labeled medical, would cost $800 for for the facility to purchase (perhaps with a 20% discount for quantity purchase). The markup would be 100% to $1600. Insurance company would approve $400 unless they deemed it "experimental and investigational" or "not medically necessary". With the deductible, they'd lay out exactly zero dollars and the facility would then balance bill the $400. If not covered by insurance, then the magnet would have to be given out at no charge, unless the patient signed an Advance Beneficiary Notification, whereby they'd agree to pay for it regardless. Once billed, the typical patient would then say "if I knew insurance wasn't going to pay for it, I never would have taken it." Either way, Obama or Christie would be blamed for it, depending on the individual's particular political point of view.

I think we just found a way to pay for our renovations!

Who on this board can make a magnet?

I would make the price higher than what the Rutgers staff,young alumni, and graduate students pay ($193). Would they be the in same exact rows and section as people who pay full price ($305) for--no.

Last edited:
How about a special version of the block R with a line on the leg (think Rx pharmacy symbol).

Each baby born gets a Rutgers baby blanket (maybe get a corporate sponsor to offset costs--one side says Rutgers with the "R" logo and the other side says Toys R Us,Johnson & Johnson,Gerber,Beech Nut,etc.)
Frequent visits by the Scarlet Knight (or one of his "helpers") to child patients

Love the baby blanket idea. It reminds of Schiano putting that RU book in every school library.

I'm guessing the Scarlet Knight already makes appearances?

Reactions: demauroj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT