ADVERTISEMENT

5/18 Baseball Bracketology

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Maryland gets to host, even if a #1 seed in a regional. Bob "Turtle" Smith Stadium just has too many deficiencies. I don't think the NCAA will approve it. And none of the local minor league stadiums are available those weekends...

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Maryland gets to host, even if a #1 seed in a regional. Bob "Turtle" Smith Stadium just has too many deficiencies. I don't think the NCAA will approve it. And none of the local minor league stadiums are available those weekends...
I thought Damon Evans was willing to bend over backwards (and write the check to do so) to make hosting at the stadium happen, including a temporary press box. Has that changed?

I thought Damon Evans was willing to bend over backwards (and write the check to do so) to make hosting at the stadium happen, including a temporary press box. Has that changed?
No, and I applaud his efforts, but I don't think it will be accepted. I am not an insider by any means, of course. But there are too many snide critics of "The Bob" and UMD baseball as a top seed, and I personally don't think the NCAA will stand up to them. I hope I'm wrong...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT