ADVERTISEMENT

5 on 5 Scrimmage

I know Richie doesn't think JMike is going to see many minutes, but he sure looks like a leader out there capable of giving the team something.

Context matters - Harper isn't playing.

Assuming either Harper or JWill are on the floor at all times, not sure whst that something would be JMike would provide.

Alternatively, assuming nobody has a spot already "guaranteed", these brief videos seems to imply are we sure JWill should be ahead of JMike?

Amazing what moving the ball looks like when there's no one required to clog up the paint area and the bigs can set screens on the perimeter and make passes (Dortch, Martini, Grant, Sommerville).

You can't drive and dish/playmake, with the paint always occupied......

Reactions: ouchmyknee
Context matters - Harper isn't playing.

Assuming either Harper or JWill are on the floor at all times, not sure whst that something would be JMike would provide.

Alternatively, assuming nobody has a spot already "guaranteed", these brief videos seems to imply are we sure JWill should be ahead of JMike?
In no way am I saying that JMike is getting minutes ahead of Harper and JWill. But it sure looks like he’s not going to be afraid to fight and earn more minutes than were slotting him.

Just remember, this is series of short clips, the clips chosen by the RU Basketball program, to release. Meaning? I am not sure, but the program chose these 3+ minutes of clips to piece together.

They elected to show:

1) A lot of Jer. Davis clips.

2) Bailey passing.

3) Ogbole running the floor.

4) Wing and corner 3's by Martini, Hayes, Derkack and Williams.

Note at the 2:27 mark, if you pause perfectly, you will see Williams, Dortch (#8) and Grant (#9) frozen standing together. Dortch looks to be 5" to 6" taller than Williams, and 2" taller than Grant.

Amazing what moving the ball looks like when there's no one required to clog up the paint area and the bigs can set screens on the perimeter and make passes (Dortch, Martini, Grant, Sommerville).

You can't drive and dish/playmake, with the paint always occupied......
Cliff on many possessions was out of the paint setting high screens.

In no way am I saying that JMike is getting minutes ahead of Harper and JWill. But it sure looks like he’s not going to be afraid to fight and earn more minutes than were slotting him.
The reality is injuries happen. In addition they are going to be very careful with Harper coming off injuries. I would not expect Bailey or Harper to play through most injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT