ADVERTISEMENT

9 Big 10 schools down, 4 to go

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
first win over Iowa in Big 10 play and the first double digit win by RU in regular season league play and the 80-64 marked really the first time that RU won a big game comfortably without it coming down to the final minutes or final shot even as in several of the other games...EDIT THAT IS WRONG.....RU blew out a depleted Minnesota but that was a ridiculous game where they had like 4 real players on their team

2014-15: Penn State, Wisconsin

2015-16: Minnesota

2016-17: Nebraska, Penn State, Illinois, Ohio State

2017-18: Wisconsin, Iowa

Last edited:
first win over Iowa in Big 10 play and the first double digit win by RU in regular season league play and the 80-64 marked really the first time that RU won a big game comfortably without it coming down to the final minutes or final shot even as in several of the other games.

2015-16: Illinois, Minnesota

Doesn't change the total of different teams we've beaten but we did not beat Illinois in 2015-2016. We lost in 3OT.

Doesn't change the total of different teams we've beaten but we did not beat Illinois in 2015-2016. We lost in 3OT.

haha yes you are correct...my mistake. I know I was saying in my head I thought we had a year where we had only one win..but then when I went through the games i was like...yeah Illinois that was when Corey scored like 40 and led us to that win....DUH...talk about revising history

Agree with BAC/Shields, want to beat Indiana.

Hope we win them all but of the remaining home games this is the one I want the most. Not a season ticket holder but a while back thought we could beat Indiana at home so picked up some good tickets. After last night, more confident than ever of beating them at home and to say we beat the Hoosiers would be something; definitely turn some heads and help recruiting tremendously. RU needs to promote this game and have a full house that is raucous.

Looking at schedule, we still have an opportunity to knock-off 5 of the remaining 6......realistically no, but you can always hope. Md, NW, Pur, Mi, & Ind.

Looking at schedule, we still have an opportunity to knock-off 5 of the remaining 6......realistically no, but you can always hope. Md, NW, Pur, Mi, & Ind.

Maryland is dealing with a bunch of injuries, and they turn the ball over like crazy. Problem is we play them only once and it's on the road.

first win over Iowa in Big 10 play and the first double digit win by RU in regular season league play and the 80-64 marked really the first time that RU won a big game comfortably without it coming down to the final minutes or final shot even as in several of the other games...EDIT THAT IS WRONG.....RU blew out a depleted Minnesota but that was a ridiculous game where they had like 4 real players on their team

Let's surpass last year's win total and by stealing a game or two in the B1G conference.

add Northwestern to the list

2017-18: Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern

Add Indiana to the list

2017-18: Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Indiana

Michigan .Michigan State ,Maryland and Purdue are 4 high profile league opponents that Rutgers needs to defeat.

Andy Katz said we knocked off a Blueblood last night on BTN . Said we did it in the way that commands respect and was important for the program. I'll take that.

Until we best Purdue tonight.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Loyal, we miss you at the tournament!

R.I.P. the hot dog buffet [laughing]

I miss you and the family too. Who knows, maybe I'll be back in NJ sooner than later. Could happen.
Thanks, Mike.
Regards to your brother and Phil and everyone. That budget lives on in all of us!
I'm still burping up some one those dogs, lol
Loyal

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT