ADVERTISEMENT

A Loyal Son Has Passed

NorthernKnight

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
It is with deep sadness that I, the daughter of NorthernKnight, need to share that he passed away peacefully on September 8th.

My father loved this message board- debating Rutgers, politics and everything in between. He was a loyal son to the end and we’ll miss him greatly.

Here is a link to his obituary:

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your father’s obituary. All the best to the Moran family. You could always tell by Tom’s posts how devoted he was to his family. Wishing you peace and comfort with all the memories.

May the road rise up to meet you….

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You should know that he was so incredibly proud of his children - you could feel it come through his posts.

Reactions: RUDiddy777 and JDNB
So sorry for your loss. I didn’t know your father personally but he was a beloved part of our little community. He seemed like a great man, always level headed and respectful. He truly will be missed.

Thank you for posting. What a wonderful life your father lived, and a full and impactful one. May he rest in peace. Condolences to you and his family and friends.

Thank you for sharing… your Dad will be missed.

Oh, here's to the college
That stands on the hill.
Vive La Rutgers Sons!

It is with deep sadness that I, the daughter of NorthernKnight, need to share that he passed away peacefully on September 8th.

My father loved this message board- debating Rutgers, politics and everything in between. He was a loyal son to the end and we’ll miss him greatly.

God bless your dad and your entire family. So many people on this board were really fond of him for so many reasons. He was such a great guy. Deep appreciation to you for posting his obituary and helping us get closure. He will be truly missed in this community, but never forgotten.

My deepest condolences. Your father was always a class act here.

I am so sorry for your family’s loss. NorthernKnight was way, way too young. Can’t remember if I pissed him off like I have most everyone else on the board but like NorthernKnight, I am a lifelong fan.
Condolences to you and the entire Moran family! May NorthernKnight continue to watch Rutgers Football from the great stadium In the sky and may they win so he rest in peace! BrotherSkinny

Reactions: RUScrew85

He was a wonderful man. I'm sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear of your family's loss of a great father, grandfather, husband and more and thank you so much for sharing your father's wonderful life story. You can also see how much your father was liked and respected on this board, as a great fan, an obviously loving family man, and a strong, but respectful debater, by reading through this thread and another one that was started a few days ago here. Take care.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/sad-news-northern-knight-has-passed-away.265504/

This is a beautifully written obituary. Your father obviously has touched many lives and has left a positive impact in so many areas of his life.
Devoted.
Loving.
Family man.
This was all apparent in his posts, and confirmed in the words of his obituary.
I’m sending positive vibes your way and hoping you find peace during this time.

Last edited:
My deepest condolences to you and your family. I mainly just read the boards and enjoyed reading his posts. Well thought out, thoughtful and respectful. He will be missed.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Sorry for your loss. As many have said not many knew him outside of this board but he made an impression on all of us.

God bless and your family are in my prayers!

An all too short life well lived.

My sincerest condolences to the Moran family. We in the Rutgers community have lost a good man.

Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

very sad and your father and I spoke offline in the past given our respective professional backgrounds.

in my prayers, all of my condolences to you and his remaining family

never good to lose any RU alums who are passionate about our beloved school. At the end of day, we all the want RU to succeed and that brings us all together. Your father was most certainly a part of that.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Very sorry for your loss. He was a great fan, well-respected poster by all and from what you shared, he was an outstanding mentor and family man. Way too young, but a life very well lived.

My deepest condolences to your family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT