ADVERTISEMENT

A stroll down memory lane...

ea_1

Junior
Dec 15, 2013
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/02/sports/ncaabasketball/02rutgers.html

Makes you wonder about how all the elements have to come together: player skill/talent, discipline, dedication, and focus; coaching skill/talent, leadership, experience, adaptability, and stability; team chemistry, cohesiveness, and resilience; and simple good luck.

The above listing does not include what one may call external or environmental factors: program budget, facilities, competing interests, media coverage, parity, institutional support and expectations, cultural changes...

Consistency in the first set and good fortune in the second set are what allow, I believe, programs to become elite and maintain that status over a prolonged period. Stating the obvious?

Reactions: Rocky72 and MADHAT1
My best recollection of that game was how Kia put the clamps on Sylvia Fowler. Didn’t remember how big a part Rashidat Junaid played.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/02/sports/ncaabasketball/02rutgers.html

Makes you wonder about how all the elements have to come together: player skill/talent, discipline, dedication, and focus; coaching skill/talent, leadership, experience, adaptability, and stability; team chemistry, cohesiveness, and resilience; and simple good luck.

The above listing does not include what one may call external or environmental factors: program budget, facilities, competing interests, media coverage, parity, institutional support and expectations, cultural changes...

Consistency in the first set and good fortune in the second set are what allow, I believe, programs to become elite and maintain that status over a prolonged period. Stating the obvious?
Wow ... the game before LSU beat UCONN 73-50 ... I didn’t remember that!!!!!

My biggest memory of that game is halftime, mingling with the other RU fans at the game, who were all in a state of delighted disbelief at how thoroughly they were beating LSU down. Everybody was so happy.

Reactions: ea_1
I remember UCONN losing to LSU. During the RU LSU game Geno was half time commentator. First words out of his mouth was that wasn't the LSU team we played. Could have given RU some credit for playing well. Part of the reason can't stand the guy. Sour grapes.

I recollect Matee dropping threes early in the first half. Three in a row? Or Matee-Essence-Matee. Not sure, but it is swoosh, swoosh, swoosh in my mind´s eye.

I recollect Matee dropping threes early in the first half. Three in a row? Or Matee-Essence-Matee. Not sure, but it is swoosh, swoosh, swoosh in my mind´s eye.

This may be the sequence you're thinking about:

16:11 Heather for 3 to make it 9-2
15:22 Essence for 3 to make it 12-2
14:02 Layup by Erica White to make it 12-4
12:25 Matee for 3 to make it 15-4
12:00 Layup by Ashley Thomas to make it 15-6
11:40 Matee for 3 to make 18-16

Matee had 4 3-pointers in the 1st half, as many as LSU had the whole game.

This may be the sequence you're thinking about:

16:11 Heather for 3 to make it 9-2
15:22 Essence for 3 to make it 12-2
14:02 Layup by Erica White to make it 12-4
12:25 Matee for 3 to make it 15-4
12:00 Layup by Ashley Thomas to make it 15-6
11:40 Matee for 3 to make 18-6 (corrected)

Matee had 4 3-pointers in the 1st half, as many as LSU had the whole game.

Most likely. Now I have to ask, did you download the PxP or make screen captures?

Most likely. Now I have to ask, did you download the PxP or make screen captures?

I dug it up from LSU's website and copied from there (but not cut and paste because the format is not amenable to that). RU appears, unfortunately, to have purged the 2007 stats page, which would have had the play by play. It's probably on ESPN's site somewhere, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT