ADVERTISEMENT

Another preferred walk-on ?

Kbee3

Hall of Famer
Aug 23, 2002
Did we just get a pledge from a lb from Middletown South....Dylan Rogers ?

Last edited:
Read that on NJ.com too. Is having alot of preferred walk ons standard practice in other programs as well?

Read that on NJ.com too. Is having alot of preferred walk ons standard practice in other programs as well?
We added another quality player to an excellent group of PWO's. Saving scholarships for next year's class is a smart move by Ash. Gives the staff much more time for evaluation and the all important relationships.

I don't know if it's standard practice, but since I believe our roster numbers were a bit low so it seems to make sense to me. The PWOs get a chance to earn a scholarship, get coached up in case they're needed, and get to attend a good state school. If things don't work out, they can xfer as better players than they were when they started out.

Meanwhile, the team fills out it's roster a bit and gets some added depth. And every now and then, a PWO turns out to be a diamond in the rough.

We added another quality player to an excellent group of PWO's. Saving scholarships for next year's class is a smart move by Ash. Gives the staff much more time for evaluation and the all important relationships.

I could be wrong here but I think we are probably at or very near the limit of 85 total ships so it isn't about saving ships for next year I don't think there are many, if any, available to give out. However, Ash may be bringing in walk ons assuming that some guys may leave after spring practice if they think there is no place for them here (Dare for example). In any event he seems to be doing as much as he can to get bodies in here to increase competition. Hope it works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT