ADVERTISEMENT

Are you a Schiano fan or a Rutgers fan?

You are misinterpreting what I posted. The strawman was that you created a position that people on this board are telling you its not ok to criticize Schiano. I've seen no evidence of this.

Also.....your use of the term "fanboys" and characterizing many on the board as "fools" is pretty much as dismissive as others using the term "hater". So essentially you are doing the same thing that you are complaining about other posters doing.
I never attacked anyone until they attacked me. I criticized the coach, and instead of rebutting my arguments they got personal. I agree with Ed Koch when he said that when attacked he fought back. It's better for one's self-esteem to not be a punching bag.

There are obsessively positive fans, obsessively negative fans, and trolls. The first two can be a little irritating, but are usually tolerable - it depends on just how determined they are to repeatedly and forcefully express their positive or negative opinion (i.e. multiple times per day), and how intolerant they are towards other's opinions, not just disagreeing but disagreeing insultingly (lots of "if you disagree, you must be stupid" type posts).

A troll is different. A troll usually has no real interest in the team, merely pretending to be interested. Or sometimes, a troll is only really interested in obsessively shilling for or promoting something (a team or product or brand) in a context where it's inappropriate. Sometimes trolls are obvious. Sometimes we need to consider their entire body of work over time.

Right now, we have 2 or 3 trolls in this forum clearly only pretending to be RUFB fans. Two that are super obvious. One that is less obvious but becoming more obvious by the day.
Or mcGruff,

you simply have 2 posters who have been disgusted by the way the program has been run and in my case our fans desperate rally cry for a coach no one else wanted. Trust me when I say I really don’t need this kinda abuse. As an alum of this program I’ve been abused enough watching on saturdays for the last decade. But you see your minds made up, ur also quite stubborn and likely have little else positive in your life so you wanna call those you disagree with trolls. What’s funny is all I talk about is the actual team and state of things but ya’ll simply don’t want to acknowledge it🤷‍♂️😂

You are misinterpreting what I posted. The strawman was that you created a position that people on this board are telling you its not ok to criticize Schiano. I've seen no evidence of this.

Also.....your use of the term "fanboys" and characterizing many on the board as "fools" is pretty much as dismissive as others using the term "hater". So essentially you are doing the same thing that you are complaining about other posters doing.
Then you haven’t been looking

I would suggest doing your research on certain posters who you feel might be under fire in this thread. More than anything else - this is a forum which is a community of sorts - a place for Rutgers fans to hang out and correspond. When someone comes and tries to ruin the community aspect of a forum by consistently trolling the same point - that IMHO superscedes how good or bad RU might be playing at that point in time. Whether the team is good or bad - fans will still gather and post in this community forum.

That all being said - I think you might be creating a straw man. I haven't seen anyone say that its not fair to critique Schiano based on performance - and especially offense. Most on this board seem to be aligned that we need to be better. Where the difference lies in perspective is what can be done about it and on what timeline. As Mildone pointed out - there's a difference between critique and trolling and it's also very likely that if this performance path continues, a coaching change is not likely in the next several years.
I am not going to do ”research on certain posters.” Like go back and check their posts and keep a tally sheet? That’s marginal insane. I’d rather spout nonsense and be like everybody else.

Reactions: brgRC90
I never attacked anyone until they attacked me. I criticized the coach, and instead of rebutting my arguments they got personal. I agree with Ed Koch when he said that when attacked he fought back. It's better for one's self-esteem to not be a punching bag.

Someone "attacked" you and instead of keeping it to that poster you chose to respond by attacking the entire fanbase by calling them "Fanboys" and "fools". Lol.

Someone "attacked" you and instead of keeping it to that poster you chose to respond by attacking the entire fanbase by calling them "Fanboys" and "fools". Lol.
Did I call the entire fanbase anything?

I am not going to do ”research on certain posters.” Like go back and check their posts and keep a tally sheet? That’s marginal insane. I’d rather spout nonsense and be like everybody else.

I don't believe my post was directed at you (that is unless you have an alternate screen name). That being said, you're entitled to do whatever you want. "Research" implies reading the thread........cause its all there....layed out fornyou. Apparently you would rather just spout off nonsense than make an attempt at reading.

Then you haven’t been looking

There's a lot of people attacking and criticizing YOU....and there is a reason for that which appears to be beyond your grasp.

Show specific posts of people saying Schiano is above criticism. If there are it would be by a significantly small list of posters.

Reactions: colbert17
Did you use the terms fanboys and fools and many to describe groups of people you dont know?
Some of them are fanboys and fools. I don't think I ever said the entire fanbase is anything, however. Don't put words in my mouth.

Some of them are fanboys and fools. I don't think I ever said the entire fanbase is anything, however. Don't put words in my mouth.

Lol....you do appear to be thin skinned. I'll try to be more exact.....You used terms like "many fans", "our fans" and my personal favorite ...."lots of people"...that last one sounds really familiar.

Lol....you do appear to be thin skinned. I'll try to be more exact.....You used terms like "many fans", "our fans" and my personal favorite ...."lots of people"...that last one sounds really familiar.
None of which is what you said. It's dishonest to misquote others. And no I'm not thin skinned. That's just you trying to attack me personally, which is what I pointed out.

There's a lot of people attacking and criticizing YOU....and there is a reason for that which appears to be beyond your grasp.

Show specific posts of people saying Schiano is above criticism. If there are it would be by a significantly small list of posters.
Scroll through the ‘if it wasn’t obvious the game past by schiano’ thread for plenty of recent examples

Minny had 250+ rushing yards and were something ridiculous like 6/7 on third down conversations at one point. It was a clinic of schiano ball put on by Fleck. Unfortunately the defense couldn’t stop them at all, even when they knew what was coming
It was 14-0 with 10 minutes left in the 4th qtr when Wimsatt threw that interception at our own 30.

I feel you get into the 4th while only allowing 14, you're doing OK, especially when the offense just keeps giving the ball back to the other team.

It broke down after that interception though.

Anti Pike and pro Ash.

I mean, seriously, that should qualify anyone for disqualification.

actually being "Pro-Ash" alone should disqualify anyone from posting here. the guy was the most incompetent arrogant douchebag to ever coach a game. literally stole Rutgers money. there is ZERO reason to be "Pro-Ash" - . It's only proof of some twisted agenda = i.e., Sam is just an anti-RU troll.
And you're a clown who I recall would criticize me and others when we wanted Ash fired. You represent the worst of society.. absolutely no moral compass and instead of actually discussing the topic at hand, you try to malign and discredit because it's the easy way out for the simple-minded. No one believes your lies.

I've called for the head of every coach since Dick Anderson, usually at least a year before they were fired, as it became obvious they just weren't going to move the program forward, except Schiano (and Graber to a lesser extent, as I thought he still might've gotten it done - and I thought getting rid of Burns was the worst thing Fred did after not joining the BE), so your premise is highly flawed.

I hate losing and don't "accept it." I was highly confident Greg 1.0 was going to succeed, even after the first two horrible years and even after the next two mediocre years, as it was obvious the program was improving even if not as quickly as I would have liked. I feel like we're in a similar situation now as we were in year 3 of Greg 1.0. However, if we plateau at 4-5 wins over the next few years and don't make any bowls, I'll be ready to start looking for the next coach. I'm confident that won't happen.

You're simply a miserable person who doesn't even enjoy good RU teams. I can only imagine you were also lambasting Greg 1.0 in the late 2000s for not winning a Natty, just like you were lambasting Pikiell last year right before we went on our historic run of beating 4 ranked teams and getting to another tourney and before even seeing who Pike would bring in after last year (which looks pretty good right now). There is likely nothing an RU team could do to make you happy - not even sure why you bother.
Again, sounds like you're triggered. Pike deserved to be judged on letting our 2 best players transfer.. we probably would have made it much further last year. Also, I'm sure you spent hours looking for a post where I supported Ash. How'd that work for you? I recall you singing Ash's blessings up until the very end. Many of us that realized early that Ash was a failure couldn't believe your love of Ash.

Let the adults discuss this seriously while you continue to research all my posts. Rutgers needs your money much more than your mind anyway. In the meantime, keep blindly cheering for mediocrity and spending all your time researching how to impugn other posters on a message board instead of actually addressing the real matter at hand.

Last edited:
Again, sounds like you're triggered. Pike deserved to be judged on letting our 2 best players transfer.. we probably would have made it much further last year. Also, I'm sure you spent hours looking for a post where I supported Ash. How'd that work for you? I recall you singing Ash's blessings up until the very end. Many of us that realized early that Ash was a failure couldn't believe your love of Ash.

Let the adults discuss this seriously while you continue to research all my posts. Rutgers needs your money much more than your mind anyway. In the meantime, keep blindly cheering for mediocrity and spending all your time researching how to impugn other posters on a message board instead of actually addressing the real matter at hand.
Nice try, but epic fail. It was fine to be concerned about Young and Myles transferring, but we still had a very good core left and brought in some new guys that contributed - but rather than letting it play out, you lambasted Pike as if the season was already over and you were horribly wrong. Mining the drek you spew is relevant, since what you did with Pike last year is similar to what you're doing with Greg.

And with regard to Ash, you clearly either have a lousy memory or failed to do 2 minutes of research, as my position on Ash was pretty clear. I've saved you the work, by pasting the post below, from early in Ash's 3rd year after the Kansas debacle, where I had had enough and called for his head (way before "the very end"). Was never a big fan of the Ash hire, but was willing to give him a few years to see what he could do, but that unraveled quickly. In addition, I wanted Greg back, even back in 2015, before Ash finished letting the program fall completely down the well after Flood had let it fall halfway down that well - Greg would've started from a much better place if he had taken over after Flood.

I do agree with your comment about letting the adults discuss Rutgers sports seriously, so don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

I loved the Dick Anderson hire. Showed promise, but couldn't get it done.

Liked the Graber hire and with better support, maybe he could've been more successful - we were certainly entertaining.

Was skeptical of the Shea hire, especially after wondering, like everyone else, why it took him so long to get it going.

Loved the Schiano hire from the beginning, especially after "The Meeting" with all the top Jersey players and while it obviously took a few years to become competitive, he eventually became the best coach we've ever had in my fandom - he's obviously most responsible for us getting a stadium renovation, much better facilities and the B1G invite. We'd be competitive in the B1G if he had stayed.

Didn't like the Flood hire, as it seemed like a short-sighted hire to keep a few recruits, plus I know people who know him and they were very negative on his work ethic and lack of discipline. He was right.

Was on the fence with the Ash hire. Good pedigree and he seemed likable. Tough first year, but nice improvement last year, although recruiting has been mediocre. And this year showed zero improvement against OSU and then we suffered a blowout loss to the former worst P5 team. Inexcusable preparation and performance and especially horrible decision to stick with AS after 2 pick 6's and with the game still winnable.

We've certainly had our issues in the past, but not really about football. You were obviously right on this one and now I'm in agreement - we need a new coach. Problem is it might take 2 more years. I hope we're both wrong and he somehow gets this team to bounce back, but I'm not optimistic of that happening.

Sick to my stomach. Left after 3 quarters for the Metuchen Beerfest and took Senator Blutarsky's advice to drink heavily and almost forgot about this game. Not quite, though.

Reactions: TRU2RU
The crazy thing about hiring Ash was, he had zero experience as a head coach. And him coaching OSU in the bowl game after being hired at Rutgers showed he wasn't all in. OSU would have won the game without him. I rooted for him to be successful here but it didn't happen. Schiano is a huge upgrade over Ash.

Reactions: colbert17
Scroll through the ‘if it wasn’t obvious the game past by schiano’ thread for plenty of recent examples
It's not his responsibility to look for such posts if you're the one making the assertion. And that thread has no examples I know of of fans saying Schiano is exempt from criticism - even @rutgersal has been critical of a few things. I'm a huge Schiano fan, but there are things to legitimately criticize him for. Most of us think that - it's just that we think your assertions that he had no major accomplishments in 1.0 are beyond laughable and we think your current "Schiano sucks" posts being made over and over again are both way over the top and tiresome. Most of us would appreciate if if you simply dropped the RU fan facade and stayed over at Blue & White Illustrated, where I'm sure you post under some other name.

Reactions: rutgersal
Take your meds and try to remember you’re in a football thread lol
Good one. Hope you didn't hurt yourself with being that clever.

You Schiano cronies are insufferable. Your focus is on sullying others while creating a cult like following around GS - instead of understanding what's best for the program. You and your partner actually fit the mold perfectly as State Penn fans.

Thanks by the way for continuing to keep this thread alive lol. I'm loving the irony of that 😆

Last edited:
It's not his responsibility to look for such posts if you're the one making the assertion. And that thread has no examples I know of of fans saying Schiano is exempt from criticism - even @rutgersal has been critical of a few things. I'm a huge Schiano fan, but there are things to legitimately criticize him for. Most of us think that - it's just that we think your assertions that he had no major accomplishments in 1.0 are beyond laughable and we think your current "Schiano sucks" posts being made over and over again are both way over the top and tiresome. Most of us would appreciate if if you simply dropped the RU fan facade and stayed over at Blue & White Illustrated, where I'm sure you post under some other name.
Umm numbers, I’m not the one making the ‘schiano sucks’ thread. Comparatively to what’s out there, yes, it’s laughable how much fans will make excuses for Greg. As for the whole idea that I’m some sort of psu troll. That’s honestly laughable. I can’t help it that you can’t accept that we actually have fans who never wanted Greg back, and much like how there was so much noise which got him rehired, perhaps with enough noise the administration will get a clue. As I’ve also said, will that happen this year? No, could it next year? Yup. And then FINALLY Rutgers can hire a qualified coach who will turn this team into the legitimate contender we should be at this point (I firmly believe we should be a 7-8 win team)

This is a thread that refuses to die. Keep pulling it and it keeps unraveling the sweater. There are fans who are unhappy with the coach and want him gone ASAP, something which is not going to happen. There are fans who are satisfied with progress so far, shockingly. There are fans who are not especially happy with progress, or lack thereof, so far but think the coach will eventually succeed. We can agree to disagree. Only time will tell who is right. I'm on pins and needles!

This is a thread that refuses to die. Keep pulling it and it keeps unraveling the sweater. There are fans who are unhappy with the coach and want him gone ASAP, something which is not going to happen. There are fans who are satisfied with progress so far, shockingly. There are fans who are not especially happy with progress, or lack thereof, so far but think the coach will eventually succeed. We can agree to disagree. Only time will tell who is right. I'm on pins and needles!
that's a nice way to put it.
As for me, I retain the hope I had when the Greg2 era started and feel the same today as when Hobbs brought him back, it will take time to make the program respetable again and instant gratification isn't in the cards along with expecting the program to be a winning program for at lest 4 years.

Rutgers isn't a blue blood and seems to be a program the local media loves to put down.
That type of PR makes building up from the bottom that much harder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT