ADVERTISEMENT

Asbury Park area football game watch gatherings

rotorocker

Senior
Aug 29, 2007
Hi all,

Moved to Asbury Park a couple years ago and am looking for any other RU alum/football fans that like to watch some RU games. The closest social thing I have is Johnny Macs which I can walk to, but it would be more fun to watch the games with other fans. Is anyone else in the area? Feel free to reply here or pm me. Thanks!

You are close to Lake Como. Uber over to that gathering

Tomorrow not working for me but eventually a gathering at the beer hall in Asbury would be epic

Reactions: rotorocker
Hi all,

Moved to Asbury Park a couple years ago and am looking for any other RU alum/football fans that like to watch some RU games. The closest social thing I have is Johnny Macs which I can walk to, but it would be more fun to watch the games with other fans. Is anyone else in the area? Feel free to reply here or pm me. Thanks!

Went to Joe's, for today's game. Excellent vibe. Big screen with the Rutgers game on. Other games were on smaller TVs, with no sound. Plenty of RU fans. Burger was good. Definitely going again. If someone is thinking, 'Should I give it a try?', this fan would emphatically reply, 'yes'.

ugh I just checked out of curiosity and its $26 1 way to go 4.5 miles from Asbury. I doubt it's surge pricing too, but I'll have to see if maybe I can find someone to split that with, because that's a flat out ripoff.

ugh I just checked out of curiosity and its $26 1 way to go 4.5 miles from Asbury. I doubt it's surge pricing too, but I'll have to see if maybe I can find someone to split that with, because that's a flat out ripoff.
You could take the train from Asbury Park to Belmar. On weekends, departures are every 2 hours. It's a short 10 block walk to the Surf Shack.

I thought base social on fort Monmouth was also a good spot to watch the game

We went to baseline social for ru indiana - cool bar but on Saturday will probably have to wait for PSU Mich contingent to clear out to get seat Anyone know if Joes will be having another watch party ?

When Uber and Lyft started out, they were ridiculously inexpensive. It was a smart strategy to get people to download the apps and use the services. Now, they are pretty pricey.

I guess if you have the time, take the train and make it part of your adventure. Just make sure you know the schedule.

When Uber and Lyft started out, they were ridiculously inexpensive. It was a smart strategy to get people to download the apps and use the services. Now, they are pretty pricey.

I guess if you have the time, take the train and make it part of your adventure. Just make sure you know the schedule.
it is Belmar & a 330 game - from train you could eat then bar crawl to Joes with a drink for every qtr of the PSU Mich game w halftime at Bar A only going 1/2 block off your walk

train in at 10.55 am

Pyanoe plaza has good places to eat including 10th ave burrito which has a bar

1st qtr Jacks
2nd qtr Boathouse
Halftime bar A
3rd atr Saltys
4th Mccanns

Reactions: Knight Shift
it is Belmar & a 330 game - from train you could eat then bar crawl to Joes with a drink for every qtr of the PSU Mich game w halftime at Bar A only going 1/2 block off your walk

train in at 10.55 am

Pyanoe plaza has good places to eat including 10th ave burrito which has a bar

1st qtr Jacks
2nd qtr Boathouse
Halftime bar A
3rd atr Saltys
4th Mccanns
Went over the summer and sat outside with extended family. Great time.

Went back last Friday for dinner with my Wife, also a great time.

So much different from the old Jack’s.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT