ADVERTISEMENT

At what point does the board become just blank lines..?

RU4Real

Legend
Jul 25, 2001
lol...

I was under the impression that when you deleted a thread, it disappeared completely.

Well when you got nujobs like RutersMO saying a 17 year old is "dead to me" i'm pretty sure those get deleted quickly

I don't think I've actually deleted anything. Just merged most of the stuff into the Guarantano to Tennessee thread. That's what has probably caused the blank lines.

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
I don't think I've actually deleted anything. Just merged most of the stuff into the Guarantano to Tennessee thread. That's what has probably caused the blank lines.
Ah. Gotcha.

Personally, I hate the merge thing. I tend to not read every thread, so when they get merged it seems like content that I was reading gets merged into a thread that I'm not reading and then it becomes... ya know... "dead to me"...
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by RU4Real:

Ah. Gotcha.

Personally, I hate the merge thing. I tend to not read every thread, so when they get merged it seems like content that I was reading gets merged into a thread that I'm not reading and then it becomes... ya know... "dead to me"...
wink.r191677.gif
Can we merge this thread into one of the blank line threads?

People have been relatively good about the JG thing so far. A couple off the deep end, like Mo going from "WHAT'S GOING ON" at 1pm to his "HE'S DEAD TO ME" post and LL on the Round Table wondering why everybody doesn't follow JG and leave NJ for Tennessee. I'd rather not delete stuff if I can help it but it does happen. By merging everybody can still follow the JG stuff in one place. John O did the same on the Round Table.

The thing that's really annoying about modding on this board is that when you DO delete a post, like I did with a post of Shill's on the Other Sports board, it also deletes everything in that post tree. So if ten people responded to a post that I deleted, it makes it seem like I deleted all of the posts. In reality, I have nothing against most of the posts there. They were just accidental casualties from the one that needed deleted.

People have been relatively good about the JG thing so far. A couple off the deep end, like Mo going from "WHAT'S GOING ON" at 1pm to his "HE'S DEAD TO ME" post and LL on the Round Table wondering why everybody doesn't follow JG and leave NJ for Tennessee. I'd rather not delete stuff if I can help it but it does happen. By merging everybody can still follow the JG stuff in one place. John O did the same on the Round Table.

The thing that's really annoying about modding on this board is that when you DO delete a post, like I did with a post of Shill's on the Other Sports board, it also deletes everything in that post tree. So if ten people responded to a post that I deleted, it makes it seem like I deleted all of the posts. In reality, I have nothing against most of the posts there. They were just accidental casualties from the one that needed deleted.
People need to learn to reply to the thread, not to the last poster (unless they're quoting and responding to them).

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:

People need to learn to reply to the thread, not to the last poster (unless they're quoting and responding to them).
Message board software from the 21st century would help, too.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Well a whole bunch of posts were lost
I can't speak for anybody else. I know I just merged everything that I moved into the one Guarantano
thread. Sorry if anything got cut by accident by someone else if it wasn't too bad. There are like a dozen or more active mods (when I say mods, I mean guys like myself, not just John/Bobby/Shawn).

Can you just edit an individual post you want to delete to read NM, or Mod Delete, thereby preserving the replies?

Oh, and by the way, kudos to you guys being on top of eliminating the truly embarrassing stuff.
This post was edited on 4/15 5:10 PM by Ole Cabbagehead

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT