ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Baker battling for NIL rights

Want to know if there are other “supporters” also attending - I’m sure there are some attorneys who want a piece of this pie and are eager to help the players advocate for NIL.

Maybe he should make a decision on if he's returning or not so potential transfers will actually know the role they would be signing up to fill if they came here. The transfers aren't waiting to decide either..they're simply picking other schools right now.

"We might have a huge amount of playing time for you...or not." Gee I'm sure that pitch is going over great.

Bohannan (sp?) said if NIL passes he will come back - assume Geo is thinking the same thing...

At this point, he’d be crazy not to come back. Even if the movement doesn’t make as much progress by next season as they hope, it will in the least be an ongoing negotiation he’d be leading with very important people. The relationships he’ll develop through this experience (whether you agree with his views or not) will be far more helpful to his long term career than a 100k salary (if that) from one season playing abroad In Europe. I wish he would just announce.

What else would geo do? Go get a 9-5er like everyone else in the world? Go earn minimum wage over seas?

He could probably earn a ceiling of about 100k. I’m not sure it’s a given he’ll ever even go that route now though. If he plays this right, he’ll have a very bright future ahead of himself without playing a single minute of post collegiate basketball.

Maybe he should make a decision on if he's returning or not so potential transfers will actually know the role they would be signing up to fill if they came here. The transfers aren't waiting to decide either..they're simply picking other schools right now.

"We might have a huge amount of playing time for you...or not." Gee I'm sure that pitch is going over great.

it’s no longer about the team with him. He
Just proved that the night before the first game. It’s selfish to delay the decision. Not surprising.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT