ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Players' Real Heights?

lion1983

Redshirt
Gold Member
May 2, 2024
Richie, or others who really might know:

Any chance you can give actual informed insight as to RU's players' real heights?

For example, Omoruyi has been listed at 6'11" on the RU rosters, but when measured by the NBA last off-season measured at just over 6'9" ... and Woolfolk was listed at 6'9", but was clearly at least 1" if not 2" shorter than Omoruyi. This is not new, of course, as Sellers was listed at 6'5" and was no more than 6'4", maybe shorter ... Kent also was exaggerated (listed at 6'6", was probably less than 6'5", and so on and so forth).

I ask because Pikiell has said in various and different interviews in the last few weeks that Sommerville is 6'10", Grant is 6'9" to 6'10", and now Dortch is 6'10" ... and Ogbole is "bigger" than Omoruyi.

I am comfortable that Ogbole is at least 6'10", having seen him on the court with players whose heights we know (he WAS taller than Omoruyi - who is really 6'9"). I do NOT think Sommerville is 6'10" . He looks more like 6'8", or just over 6'8", maybe 6'9".

I have seen Dortch consistently listed at 6'7", and Dortch listed at 6'7" also.

Richie: You have said that Grant is "big", meaning maybe he has grown since being listed a year or two ago at 6'7".

Any insights? My inquiring mind wants to know, LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News