ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Conference Football Power Index 2024 (ESPN)

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
3 of top 6 teams are Big Ten newcomers. #1 Oregon, #5 USC, #6 Washington. #11 Rutgers.
Oregon over Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. That’s hard to see.

80% chance of 6 wins and a 5% chance at the playoffs. He's in the right neighborhood

5th highest projected wins, 5th highest win percentage to win 6 games, espn math translates to 11th power index.

Does it consider SOS? If so, that would explain it.

SOS as it’s typically calculated, is deceiving a predictor of total win count. Median level of opponent would be a better metric to use to predict outcomes than blended average.

No issues with this and hopefully we exceed this. I expect Oregon to come in and win the B1G this year. They've been physical on the lines since Critobal was there but are even more explosive than Ohio st and i don't see this changing as long as Lanning is there with NIL...

6th highest chance to win the conference and 8th best chance to make playoffs.. I'll take it!

Does it consider SOS? If so, that would explain it.
and this is why I say be careful about our SOS- yes, we do not play OSU/Mich/PSU which were always a 20+ pt loss. But we replaced them with teams that are still pretty f-ing good. You can only get 1 loss at a time so a 10 point loss to USC is no different than 20 points to Mich

Although I would prefer to see a regular member be picked first, I like not seeing the constant OSU there. Now if we can see some kind of implosion of PSU, that would make my season.
Hope we can have a good season with at least one major upset and NO screw up!

and this is why I say be careful about our SOS- yes, we do not play OSU/Mich/PSU which were always a 20+ pt loss. But we replaced them with teams that are still pretty f-ing good. You can only get 1 loss at a time so a 10 point loss to USC is no different than 20 points to Mich
All true but not playing the 3, sometimes 2 back to back is a plus.

The SOS will change as the season goes on but right now pundits and apparently computers are saying it's weaker than it has been. That is why, imo, RU is behind some teams who aren't projected to win as many games. Simple as that.

All true but not playing the 3, sometimes 2 back to back is a plus.

The SOS will change as the season goes on but right now pundits and apparently computers are saying it's weaker than it has been. That is why, imo, RU is behind some teams who aren't projected to win as many games. Simple as that.
What is nice for a change- we have a "chance" in every game. Vs other years where we had almost no chance in 3 games.

1 in 1000 to win the National Championship?

I'll take it. C'mon Lady Luck!

350.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT