ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Power rankings

Number 8 out of 14 teams. I think we hoped we would be middle of the pack in the Big Ten. Moving into the top1/3 is extremely difficult.

In the overall (actual, not power) Big Ten standings, of 14 schools Rutgers is now tied for 7th. In football ! After 9 games of the season! Who could have thought.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
It's likely as high as we'll go unless something incredible happens against MSU or PSU but I'm ecstatic about it. I'm pretty sure last year we were dead last.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I'll take 4-5 but at the very least should be 5-4. Team is growing as season goes on which us great. Wish we had the chemistry against EMU and NEB

Reactions: czxqa
I'll take 4-5 but at the very least should be 5-4. Team is growing as season goes on which us great. Wish we had the chemistry against EMU and NEB
Both were winnable games. Water under the bridge at this point but had those games gone the other way we would be 6-3 right now.

Given we've pulled out a couple close one's of late, especially the Purdue game in which we were so thoroughly outgained, I've been able to get past that EMU loss.

I was certainly bent about it at the time, and in the week's following, but right now I'm cool with where we are at.

Given we've pulled out a couple close one's of late, especially the Purdue game in which we were so thoroughly outgained, I've been able to get past that EMU loss.

I was certainly bent about it at the time, and in the week's following, but right now I'm cool with where we are at.
So have I I'm really excited where we are going. Anyone who does not think we can climb the mountain of the B1G and reach the summit is crazy. We have some mad talent in the tri-state area along with MD and kids looking to get out if the Midwest for the big city. I think we also start pulling a lot more nationaal recruits as well

Speaking about rankings. Just checked Sagarin. Please explain how Purdue is #46 (up 1 from last week), Maryland #73 (down 6), and RU is #83 (up 1)? Only B1G team below RU is Illinois at #111. Only reason I can come up with is the EMU loss.

So have I I'm really excited where we are going. Anyone who does not think we can climb the mountain of the B1G and reach the summit is crazy. We have some mad talent in the tri-state area along with MD and kids looking to get out if the Midwest for the big city. I think we also start pulling a lot more nationaal recruits as well
I think we can, but it will be tough. Teams like OSU and Michigan, have the history, prestige, and the $$$. And that's what enables them to get the big time coaches and the big time recruits.

Until we get to full B1G $$$ we have it especially tough, but going with an unproven coach was a possible way of getting around that. It was a gamble. You have to hope he grows into a very good coach before it's time to give him very good coaches money.

But I do agree that the football talent in NJ, as well as the NYC metro influence, does provide us a path to big time status. Although, again, it will be tough.

Speaking about rankings. Just checked Sagarin. Please explain how Purdue is #46 (up 1 from last week), Maryland #73 (down 6), and RU is #83 (up 1)? Only B1G team below RU is Illinois at #111. Only reason I can come up with is the EMU loss.
The sagarin ratings are crap. Purdue's win over a bad Missouri team clearly is bolstering them.

Reactions: Abro1975
I had dinner over my brother in laws house the day after the Ohio state game.... He is a big
non-RU grad fan of college and pro football...

anyway, he made the solemn pronouncement that RU should not be in the big 10 and should
find another conference

I should print out this weeks power rankings and ask him if the six teams below us should
also look for a new home.....

I had dinner over my brother in laws house the day after the Ohio state game.... He is a big

anyway, he made the solemn pronouncement that RU should not be in the big 10 and should
find another conference

I should print out this weeks power rankings and ask him if the six teams below us should

Do It! He's a punk.

Reactions: wheezer
Dienhart is a dick. Under Indiana:
"The Hoosiers are still looking for their first Big Ten win. But IU does have a shot to win out (at Illinois; Rutgers; at Purdue)."

Dienhart is a dick. Under Indiana:
"The Hoosiers are still looking for their first Big Ten win. But IU does have a shot to win out (at Illinois; Rutgers; at Purdue)."
What’s wrong with that statement? They do have a shot to win out. We’re not exactly a powerhouse. Stop taking this stuff personally

find another conference

oh hell yeah I would do it....

(a)Dienhart is a dick.
(b) Under Indiana: "The Hoosiers are still looking for their first Big Ten win. But IU does have a shot to win out (at Illinois; Rutgers; at Purdue)."

Can't can't disagree with either of those two statements................

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT