ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Big Ten Recruiting Rankings in December

Wisconsin. Whatever the rank there are always a couple of road graders and usually a RB.

Reactions: mildone
Wisconsin. Whatever the rank there are always a couple of road graders and usually a RB.
They do seem to have found a formula for success without monster recruiting. Must be something in the water.

13/14, another gift from Chris Ash. What did we ever do to be so lucky as to have him as our HC?

Gotta be, right? Maybe they practice selective breeding. Or maybe it's the cheese?

Although this was actually Minnesota, go back about 85 years to what the coach joked about recruiting OL. He'd see a young man in the fields plowing a field behind an ox team while driving He'd ask directions. If he pointed in the right direction he's thank him and move on. If he pointed with the plow he's get out of the car and sell him on Minnesota football.

Reactions: mildone
Let’s just admit it — what our coaches did the last 2 weeks was a borderline miracle. Yes, half of our class was previously committed but they held 8/10 and brought in 9 other solid players. Give them a full year and I feel good about our chances to improve our recruiting

Let’s just admit it — what our coaches did the last 2 weeks was a borderline miracle. Yes, half of our class was previously committed but they held 8/10 and brought in 9 other solid players. Give them a full year and I feel good about our chances to improve our recruiting
I wouldn't call it a miracle, but I would agree that the results have exceeded my expectations by quite a bit so far. The hiring of Fran Brown was the brilliant work by Schiano; a huge hire that paid immediate dividends.

Having said all that, people have to realize that this is the honeymoon period. A Schiano II-coached team has yet to play a single game. The rest test will be how well we can recruit if we have another 2-3 win season with a bunch of blowouts. And let's be realistic; without a whole lot of luck, a 2-3 win season is very likely in this first year.

We should all be praying, or dancing good luck dances, or doing good deeds (in hopes of karmic pay-back) for having a 6-win season in 2020. If we somehow manage to scrape together a bowl season in GSII's first season back (extremely unlikely, but a boy can dream, right?), then I think GSII and Crew have a real shot at totally kicking ass in recruiting for 2021.

But to make any of this happen, GSII absolutely must hire a killer OC. If we hire a dud OC, all this honeymoon-period early momentum will very likely evaporate and we'll be back to struggling on the field and in recruiting.

Reactions: mdk01
I wouldn't call it a miracle, but I would agree that the results have exceeded my expectations by quite a bit so far. The hiring of Fran Brown was the brilliant work by Schiano; a huge hire that paid immediate dividends.

Having said all that, people have to realize that this is the honeymoon period. A Schiano II-coached team has yet to play a single game. The rest test will be how well we can recruit if we have another 2-3 win season with a bunch of blowouts. And let's be realistic; without a whole lot of luck, a 2-3 win season is very likely in this first year.

We should all be praying or dancing good luck dances or doing good deeds in hopes of karmic pay-back in the form of a 6-win season. If we somehow manage to scrape together a bowl season in GSII's first season back (extremely unlikely, but a boy can dream, right?), then I think GSII and Crew have a real shot at totally kicking ass in recruiting for 2021.

But to make any of this happen, GSII absolutely must hire a killer OC. If we hire a dud OC, all this honeymoon-period early momentum will very likely evaporate and we'll be back to struggling on the field and in recruiting.

He stopped the bleeding He prevented a rush out the door and sprung a few surprises. He got an assistant who may be the Haffley recruiting ace of Schiano II. But while this class may be a class that gets you back to respectability, it is not a class that will get you into the Top 3 in the B1G East.

We should all be praying, or dancing good luck dances, or doing good deeds (in hopes of karmic pay-back) for having a 6-win season in 2020. If we somehow manage to scrape together a bowl season in GSII's first season back (extremely unlikely, but a boy can dream, right?), then I think GSII and Crew have a real shot at totally kicking ass in recruiting for 2021.

Greg did a great job in a short period of time.
Miraculous ? No . Solid yes. The Skill players are outstanding.
The OL and DL is still very concerning. Of the 5 DL/OL commits only 1 had any P5 Offers ... ( Felter)
The others only had MAC type or FCS only offers. This has to be fixed ASAP. Still Ashlike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT