ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Big Ten standings even tighter with Rutgers' loss to Indiana

Man I thought they were going to pull it out.

Rutgers has to keep their foot on the gas. There is not much gap At all between 2nd and 10th place in the league. And the big ten isn’t getting 8 teams like usual this year into the ncaas

Rutgers has to keep their foot on the gas. There is not much gap At all between 2nd and 10th place in the league. And the big ten isn’t getting 8 teams like usual this year into the ncaas
I think it's just really hard to gauge this with how weird the season has been, but you are probably right with the absolute collapses of Ohio State and Wisconsin. However, the entirety of college basketball outside of the Big XII is a complete mess, and someone has to take those spots. Given how awful the bottom of the ACC and Pac-12 is and that the Big XII only has ten teams to begin with, I think the Big Ten is going to get "more teams than we deserve," almost certainly. The Big Ten is all but guaranteed to get six, and I would actually probably bet on seven ... so eight would be a big surprise but not an absolute impossibility. I mean, the following teams would take a pretty big collapse at this point to miss it:

(5 teams)
Purdue
Indiana
Rutgers
Illinois
Iowa

Then at least two of Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan or Ohio State are likely going to make it simply because SOMEONE has to win the games between them all and move up a few slots!

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I didn't think so because JHS was still between Caleb and the basket when he committed the foul. Smart play on his part.
The ball was in front of the player. The ball hit Caleb and he was clearly in front of the player

I think it's just really hard to gauge this with how weird the season has been, but you are probably right with the absolute collapses of Ohio State and Wisconsin. However, the entirety of college basketball outside of the Big XII is a complete mess, and someone has to take those spots. Given how awful the bottom of the ACC and Pac-12 is and that the Big XII only has ten teams to begin with, I think the Big Ten is going to get "more teams than we deserve," almost certainly. The Big Ten is all but guaranteed to get six, and I would actually probably bet on seven ... so eight would be a big surprise but not an absolute impossibility. I mean, the following teams would take a pretty big collapse at this point to miss it:

(5 teams)
Purdue
Indiana
Rutgers
Illinois
Iowa

Then at least two of Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan or Ohio State are likely going to make it simply because SOMEONE has to win the games between them all and move up a few slots!
Maryland is very likely to make it as well. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT