ADVERTISEMENT

Blackout: Friday, Sept. 27

I mean this was pretty damn obvious. Also, as I just posted in Spanky’s thread:

Washington plays 4-straight at home to start prior to us. ZERO on the road. Then - THEN - a rematch with Michigan back at home. Could not have asked for a better time to play The Huskies in my humble opinion.

The OP is right: this is more silliness. Rutgers should be lowering ticket prices and offering steep discount packages instead of using these types of gimmicks as excuses to send out advertising emails. Ticket sales seem to be going slowly and the athletic department/ticket office has nobody to blame but themselves. Coach Schiano is doing his part with recruiting and the product on the field (despite some exaggerations in these parts) is clearly improving.

B1G opener. Friday night. Blackout.
I ❤️ it.
The stadium should be electric.

As @DC8690 said, every school does this & RU fans do a pretty good job following along with the wear black theme. It's called fan engagement. I'm happy it's a night game for the blackout & not a day game as it was many years ago when we played Arkansas at home.

I'm over here 😂 at the suggestion that RU should lower ticket prices. Tickets are less than $60 plus seats fees. How low do you want them to go? Our seats fees are miniscule compared to other schools. We have coaches to pay & a field house to build. Calling for a blackout costs nothing.

As @DC8690I'm over here 😂 at the suggestion that RU should lower ticket prices. Tickets are less than $60 plus seats fees. How low do you want them to go?
Clearly they need to go lower given the many thousands of empty seats we see for most home games. There won’t be Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan fans buying up seats this year so attendance could be really bad unless RU goes on a 2006-type run. The demand just isn’t there beyond the diehards which is exactly why ticket prices should be cut. Get them in the stadium and make them want to come back.

• Haha
Reactions: MCRU93 and MrsScrew
Clearly they need to go lower given the many thousands of empty seats we see for most home games. There won’t be Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan fans buying up seats this year so attendance could be really bad unless RU goes on a 2006-type run. The demand just isn’t there beyond the diehards which is exactly why ticket prices should be cut. Get them in the stadium and make them want to come back.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

^^^This guy joined on Saturday. I’m sure he has the best intentions here. ^^^

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT