ADVERTISEMENT

Football Bowl projections for Rutgers Football following Week Four

Buffalo in Detroit on the day after Christmas…lol. Kill me.
On the bright side Christmas dinner at Frankenmuth’s Bavarian Restaurant. Did that for the 2014 Bowl.

We control our own destiny. Only win 6 or 7 games and we get the Motor City Bowl.
Play better consistently and win then RU goes to a better prestige Bowl.

Reactions: biker7766
Action Network (Brett McMurphy): Detroit Bowl - Buffalo vs. Rutgers
(December 26th - Detroit, Michigan)

Rough location, rough date, rough opponent....

Athlon Sports (Steven Lassan): Duke's Mayo Bowl - SMU vs. Rutgers
(January 3rd - Charlotte, North Carolina)

Better location and date , but not enthused about SMU

CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Guaranteed Rate Bowl - BYU vs. Rutgers
(December 26th - Phoenix, Arizona)

This is the one. Sorry family, Santa going to Phoenix this year....

ESPN (Kyle Bonagura): Pinstripe Bowl - Pittsburgh vs. Rutgers
(December 28th - Bronx, New York)

Illegal

ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Duke's Mayo Bowl - Boston College vs. Rutgers

Would enjoy to beat down BC so this would be #2 on the list

Action Network (Brett McMurphy): Detroit Bowl - Buffalo vs. Rutgers
(December 26th - Detroit, Michigan)

Rough location, rough date, rough opponent....

Athlon Sports (Steven Lassan): Duke's Mayo Bowl - SMU vs. Rutgers

Better location and date , but not enthused about SMU

CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Guaranteed Rate Bowl - BYU vs. Rutgers
(December 26th - Phoenix, Arizona)

This is the one. Sorry family, Santa going to Phoenix this year....

ESPN (Kyle Bonagura): Pinstripe Bowl - Pittsburgh vs. Rutgers
(December 28th - Bronx, New York)

Illegal

ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Duke's Mayo Bowl - Boston College vs. Rutgers

Would enjoy to beat down BC so this would be #2 on the list
None of these really are that great.

These are September "projections" that mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. NADA. They're nothing whatsoever but "clickbait." Most November "projections" don't even end up correct.

Agree here. I think what might be more helpful is to see the pecking order of what bowls are available to big ten teams. Which has gotta be confusing as hell because we added 4 programs but I assume the pac 12 keeps its association and contract with the bowls.

Agree here. I think what might be more helpful is to see the pecking order of what bowls are available to big ten teams. Which has gotta be confusing as hell because we added 4 programs but I assume the pac 12 keeps its association and contract with the bowls.
Yes.

Next year they are part of the line up. Read that somewhere.

Reactions: RUTillett

Big Ten Bowl Ties, Affiliations​

Consider it a mortal lock that the Big Ten champion is in the College Football Playoff, and almost certainly with one of the top four spots with a bye.

The Big Ten alternates with the SEC between the Las Vegas Bowl and Duke's Mayo Bowl. Last season Northwestern beat Utah in the Las Vegas, so assume the Big Ten will be in the Duke's Mayo.

This is the expected Big Ten bowl pecking order, but keep in mind that 1) several of the top teams in the expanded 20-team conference will be in the College Football Playoff and 2) there might be a LOT more Big Ten bowl tie-ins and affiliations coming as the season goes on.

One other twist: the former Pac-12 teams - Oregon, UCLA, USC, Washington - will remain eligible for the former Pac-12 bowl ties and affiliations. That means if any of those four aren't in the College Football Playoff, they'll be eligible for the Alamo, Independence, Holiday, LA, Las Vegas, and Sun bowls.

- Cheez-It Citrus Bowl vs SEC
- ReliaQuest Bowl vs SEC
- Duke's Mayo Bowl vs ACC
- Music City Bowl vs SEC
- Pinstripe Bowl vs ACC
- Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big 12
- Quick Lane Bowl vs MAC

B1G Bowls

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I hope so too.

But Charlotte with that date should get us a good turnout.
Totally agree. We were in line for playing there during the Big East days but the Big East stuck to the tie ins based on final standings. Nice stadium and fun city!

Can someone explain how the bowls work with the 4 new teams? Those teams automatically go to the PAC bowl tie ins unless they make the play offs or could they go to BIG tie in bowls?

Can someone explain how the bowls work with the 4 new teams? Those teams automatically go to the PAC bowl tie ins unless they make the play offs or could they go to BIG tie in bowls?
Seems like it for this year anyway.

B1G is for next year or next round of bowl games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT