ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets, Seeding Finalized for 2024 NCAA Wrestling Championshps

At first glance Turley's draw looks terrible but on the backside his path to an AA is through the 15, 8 and 6 seeds. If he goes full Turley he could AA again or (as we all know) finish very early.
Gaitan yes… kemp and Welch idk if Turley matches well against them.. already lost to them multiple times’

At first glance Turley's draw looks terrible but on the backside his path to an AA is through the 15, 8 and 6 seeds. If he goes full Turley he could AA again or (as we all know) finish very early.
Looking at the backside draw is kind of a fruitless exercise though. Someone is going to get upset in every bracket and someone is going to have to wrestle a 4 seed or something like that in the wrestlebacks earlier than anticipated

What is wild is that all 5 of Shawver’s losses are on his side of the bracket.
Well in one revenge match, if he stays aggressive, he'll stall Wells out. Of course, you would actually have to get a ref who does his job, but Wells played defense that entire match.

Sounds like a revenge tour.

Don’t forget Nick Suriano lost to 3 opponents in 2019. He then beat all 3 between the big 10s and the NCAA tournament.
The only one I don’t like is Ragusin. Wrestling someone four times in a season is a pain in the ass.

The only one I don’t like is Ragusin. Wrestling someone four times in a season is a pain in the ass.
Usually more of a pain in the ass for the better wrestler. Shawver is seeded higher because of the recent win but I think most people would argue that Ragusin is better.

Usually more of a pain in the ass for the better wrestler. Shawver is seeded higher because of the recent win but I think most people would argue that Ragusin is better.
Disagree, maybe before the b10 finals but Shawver proved he has that DAWG in him… just hoping he can keep this killer mentality until after nationals… I do think the rematch with Ragusin will be close to a coinflip and a war tho.. Shawver proved he continues to get better throughout season yet people still underestimate him… if he does makes semis idk if he can beat Fix tho…

Disagree, maybe before the b10 finals but Shawver proved he has that DAWG in him… just hoping he can keep this killer mentality until after nationals… I do think the rematch with Ragusin will be close to a coinflip and a war tho.. Shawver proved he continues to get better throughout season yet people still underestimate him… if he does makes semis idk if he can beat Fix tho…
I hope Dylan gets that far, but no, he won't beat Fix. Although he may not be as strong as he was, Fix was on Suriano level and one second from beating Suriano.

Shawver has been pretty consistent all year. His greatest improvement from last year is wrestling through positions. His greatest improvement over the last few weeks is his cardio. At BIG the Maryland kid took him into OT and he beat Teske in the last seconds. He wrestled fine but the key takeaway was that he showed his heart and cardio. Against Ragusin, he looked terrific, was fearless and won the 50/50 positions by not giving up on positions. In the tourney he should win his first round match and the Oklahoma kid and then probably sees Wells again (Wells beat Phipps earlier in the year). I’m sure Shawver wants that match back so he’ll have a little extra motivation. Wells was stingy and frustrated Shawver last match. The first takedown will be important.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I’m starting to think that when u get that old in wrestling it might be more advantageous to be the younger guy…

I have a weird feeling Fix won’t be winning the NCAA title.. and be remembered as one of the best that didn’t win it…
I’ll remember him as an incredibly boring wrestler that got suspended for drugs and cried to the officials while being taken down in the finals

Sounds like a revenge tour.

Don’t forget Nick Suriano lost to 3 opponents in 2019. He then beat all 3 between the big 10s and the NCAA tournament.
100% fact
I hope Dylan gets that far, but no, he won't beat Fix. Although he may not be as strong as he was, Fix was on Suriano level and one second from beating Suriano.
Dylan has been more dynamic offensively. Fix super solid defensively but doesnt do much offensively vs better opponents. I'm on the Shawver band wagon here BUT fix 9 year, collegiate experience and steroids may help him win out.

100% fact

Dylan has been more dynamic offensively. Fix super solid defensively but doesnt do much offensively vs better opponents. I'm on the Shawver band wagon here BUT fix 9 year, collegiate experience and steroids may help him win out.
Experience overrated.. give me the DAWG w fresh legs.

I was never a Fix fan and even less so after his accidental steroid ingestions. But the dude is a 5x Big12 champ, 3x national runner up, and a world freestyle silver medalist. His experience isnt over rated one bit.
It’s debatable if last year’s version of Fix(4th) is that much better then his freshman version..

It’s debatable if last year’s version of Fix(4th) is that much better then his freshman version..
To be fair idk if last year was a reality check or it’s the Coleman Scott effect but fix has been much more aggressive and a different animal this year

To be fair idk if last year was a reality check or it’s the Coleman Scott effect but fix has been much more aggressive and a different animal this year
My point is…. For all the experience he’s gathered over the years it’s debatable if the grandfather Fix version is that much better/if at all over his fresh/soph version…

Shawver has been pretty consistent all year. His greatest improvement from last year is wrestling through positions. His greatest improvement over the last few weeks is his cardio. At BIG the Maryland kid took him into OT and he beat Teske in the last seconds. He wrestled fine but the key takeaway was that he showed his heart and cardio. Against Ragusin, he looked terrific, was fearless and won the 50/50 positions by not giving up on positions. In the tourney he should win his first round match and the Oklahoma kid and then probably sees Wells again (Wells beat Phipps earlier in the year). I’m sure Shawver wants that match back so he’ll have a little extra motivation. Wells was stingy and frustrated Shawver last match. The first takedown will be important.
To me, his biggest improvement is his aggressiveness on his feet. His offense has been outstanding to say the least. His effective duck unders, single legs and fireman's carries all year have me astounded...speachless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT