ADVERTISEMENT

Brandin Knight

Pitt should have made a better hire after running Dixon out of town. It could have been knight .

Brandin is a top notch head coach in waiting. Very nice guy on top of that who I’m sure recruits and their families will trust.

Pitt should have made a better hire after running Dixon out of town. It could have been knight .
To the best of my memory, it hasn't worked out when ACC schools hire a first time head coach.

Could Coach Knight have been an exception? Maybe, but the AD at Pitt at the time was not good and that would have hampered his chance at success.

We've been fortunate to have him for as long as we have. He's going to get an offer. It may not be with a top 6 conference initially, but someone will give him the opportunity that he deserves.

I don’t know where all of this is coming from. Has Brandin gotten even so much as a phone call about an open low major head coaching position?

I don’t know where all of this is coming from. Has Brandin gotten even so much as a phone call about an open low major head coaching position?
I believe he almost got the Pitt job when they ran Dixon out.... pitt was dumb on many levels there

Last edited:
I believe he almost got the Pitt job when they ran Dixon out.... pitt was dumb on many levels there

He was on the staff there and a former all American alumnus. And he still didn’t get it. Could very well have been a courtesy interview.

I’m not down on the guy or anything. I just don’t see why people are so concerned about losing him when to my knowledge he hasn’t even gotten a interview anywhere for a HC job since he came to RU. Frankly, if I had a high major HC position to fill I’d be more interested in Shaheen Holloway than Brandin. And Holloway wouldn’t be in my top 5 either. Start with Beilein and work down the list.

He was on the staff there and a former all American alumnus. And he still didn’t get it. Could very well have been a courtesy interview.

I’m not down on the guy or anything. I just don’t see why people are so concerned about losing him when to my knowledge he hasn’t even gotten a interview anywhere for a HC job since he came to RU. Frankly, if I had a high major HC position to fill I’d be more interested in Shaheen Holloway than Brandin. And Holloway wouldn’t be in my top 5 either. Start with Beilein and work down the list.
If Knight gets HC job next year I would imagine it’s at a MAAC type or AAC type school .
On another note , i wouldn’t want to take on a rebuilding job in the MAAC and deal with pitino and Iona .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT