ADVERTISEMENT

BTN: Student U Niagara vs. Rutgers

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
For anyone that missed the Niagara game or want to watch/record, tomorrow (Thursday Nov. 14) at 9am BTN will televise the game via Student U.

I find it funny that, for almost all of our sports games on BTN+ (BTN Student U), the play-by-play announcer is Lou Brogno, who is probably in his 60s, and goes back to the days of the original TKR Cable in central NJ from the 1980s and 1990s.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, as I have always like Lou as an announcer -- and he seems like a real Rutgers supporter -- but many of the other B1G schools actually utilize their students to announce the games.

I find it funny that, for almost all of our sports games on BTN+ (BTN Student U), the play-by-play announcer is Lou Brogno, who is probably in his 60s, and goes back to the days of the original TKR Cable in central NJ from the 1980s and 1990s.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, as I have always like Lou as an announcer -- and he seems like a real Rutgers supporter -- but many of the other B1G schools actually utilize their students to announce the games.
I've thought this to be strange, too. Like you, I'm a fan of Brogno as well. He's a solid announcer. Is the production work handled by students?

Maybe Lou is a student? Eddie Jordan was pushing 60 when he was taking classes at Rutgers.

I've thought this to be strange, too. Like you, I'm a fan of Brogno as well. He's a solid announcer. Is the production work handled by students?

Maybe this is how it's handled. The students are behind the scenes.

But I also believe there are a few sports in which students are commentators, just not in the big sports like hoops or soccer.

Jesus I knew that voice was familiar last night

In high school we would call into his show

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT