ADVERTISEMENT

Carino’s article from Practice

I believe it was Dortch with the long hair guarding ace in a part of that clip. He is huge if so, correct me if my eyes are deceiving me.

Add Harper this team is rockin. Ogbole looks less clumsy and brutish also. Which is big in lieu of no new center.

I believe it was Dortch with the long hair guarding ace in a part of that clip. He is huge if so, correct me if my eyes are deceiving me.

Add Harper this team is rockin. Ogbole looks less clumsy and brutish also. Which is big in lieu of no new center.
Dortch seems the same height as Lathan. He's gotta be a legit 6'9 atleast

One of the keys to this teams success will be running a half court offense that creates open 3 point shots from the corners.Opponents will concentrate on stopping Bailey and Harper drives to the basket which should create open corner shots with player movement and fast/accurate passing.The UConn half court offense is the tape to watch as a learning tool.

Great article! Interesting Pike comment about Lathan’s conditioning.
I'm surprised that comment alone hasn't triggered several new threads on the subject given the mixed opinions on him.

Love Lathan's potential, but I'll bet meeting Ogbole in person was a bit of an eye opener for him.

He had to think "So this is what B1G centers look like?". Should give him plenty of incentive to hit the weight room hard this summer.

Reactions: FastMJ
I'm surprised that comment alone hasn't triggered several new threads on the subject given the mixed opinions on him.

Love Lathan's potential, but I'll bet meeting Ogbole in person was a bit of an eye opener for him.

He had to think "So this is what B1G centers look like?". Should give him plenty of incentive to hit the weight room hard this summer.
Ogbole looks big and ripped, now if he can play.....

Ogbole is almost 24 years old, I'd like to think getting out of a Junior College and likely working within McDonald's and Chick-fil-A meal plan off a knee injury........and a drastic difference here with a full appropriate meal plan, round the clock training access, recovery pool and likely 50 times more practice reps day vs last year or 18 months.

Does that mean I think he's a starter.....no....but the staff is being cautious with heaping too much praise on kids, who haven't proven they can play at this level. Not going to continue to mention how blowing up a kids actual abilities (Mag) can contribute to fans having unrealistic expectations.

In terms of the minor blurb on Sommerville and conditioning, that is also overhyping things in the wrong direction.....he's a big man and between June and January, will be a dramatically different physical presence. His skill level and shooting touch are not going to be impacted as he gets into a college weight program and practicing against other elite athletes......if anything, I would have been worried if Sommerville, started flashing brilliance walking in the door a week or two ago. It would have signaled that the rest of the roster isn't that talented or ready to play.

Maybe he saw DJ Burns carry NC State to the Final Four and thought he would be fine . . .

One of the keys to this teams success will be running a half court offense that creates open 3 point shots from the corners.Opponents will concentrate on stopping Bailey and Harper drives to the basket which should create open corner shots with player movement and fast/accurate passing.The UConn half court offense is the tape to watch as a learning tool.
Or the tape of almost any good NBA team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT