ADVERTISEMENT

CARLI

For a sec I thought this was another political thread, lol

Lloyd had the best soccer game I've ever seen. And it happened to be in a World Cup Final ! Wow ! Talk about rising to the occasion and coming up big in a huge spot. (did I miss any other appropriate cliche ?)

Woman's soccer is riveting. What was she wearing?

She never mentions Rutgers in any of her tweets. I think she is bitter about her Rutgers experience.

In correct. Shes been at games and at half time for awards.

Her main goal is to expand womens soccer and its understandable.

I dont know why she has to tweet about rutgers...

Reactions: ruready07
In correct. Shes been at games and at half time for awards.

Her main goal is to expand womens soccer and its understandable.

I dont know why she has to tweet about rutgers...

Why? You don't have to do it everyday, but it's nice to give your alma mater publicity from time to time. Does doing this take away from her main goal of expanding women's soccer? Come on!

Why? You don't have to do it everyday, but it's nice to give your alma mater publicity from time to time. Does doing this take away from her main goal of expanding women's soccer? Come on!

Maybe. But to say shes bitter about Rutgers is ridiculous.

Well, I know that she's never publicly said this and no, I do not have any solid proof. However, right or wrong that's the sense I get. As mentioned before, I think this, but I am not certain.

How and where do you get this "sense" that she is bitter about Rutgers? The stuff some people come up with on this board is crazy sometimes.

Reactions: Abro1975
Good article. She certainly has a lot on her plate these days, including getting married last fall, according to the article. She's now an ambassador for women's soccer on a global level so is seldom around. But hasn't there been at least one post here mentioning that she sometimes works out with our women's team and is still in touch with the program? It's also nice to be able to drop her name during recruiting visits.

RichDonRU is unfortunately correct

Remember she was benched by the coach late in her RU career. Seems crazy now that the top player in the sport was benched in college but she was. She may still harbor some resentment.

It's pretty obvious if you read articles or watch interviews that Carli has an HUGE ego. She's also battled with those in charge because she's never felt appreciated. It's something she's said that drives her to excel. I get the impression that Carli looks at people in only two ways...with her or against her. I don't think she has any use for anyone or anything that isn't 100% Carli.

In 2013, Lloyd was inducted into the Rutgers Hall of Distinguished Alumni.
In July 2015, The Rutgers Board of Governors unanimously passed a resolution honoring Lloyd,

Interesting portion from a Targum article this past July -

When deciding between Rutgers and West Virginia, Lloyd chose Rutgers to help put the soccer program on the map, because it was close to home and because of the education.

“Rutgers is a really hard school academically ... I'm happy to say that I've earned my degree there and graduated," she said.

She said her favorite memory as a Scarlet Knight was Beating Notre Dame, Santa Clara and making it to the Sweet 16 tournament during her first year of college, she said.

As a New Jersey native, Lloyd also chose Rutgers because it was close enough that her family and friends to come watch her play, which is something she no longer allows.

Galanis has instilled in Lloyd the value of having no distractions, which is why even her fiancé, Brian Hollins, did not make the trip to Vancouver to witness Lloyd’s success against Japan.

Focus is something Lloyd’s been working on for a while. She met Galanis in 2003, while on winter break from college. She and Brian were planning a ski trip when Galanis gave her a call to come to the field so he could evaluate her.

“I remember him telling me that I need to put soccer first and everything else needs to come second, and I can’t do anything that is going to potentially hurt me,” she said.

Over the years, the focus and determination to be the best has led Lloyd to “miss out on everything — birthdays, weddings, even, unfortunately, funerals. I mean, there’s so many things that we miss and have to sacrifice, but that's what it takes in order to be at the top.”

Would seem that Rutgers should be appreciative of the attention that she does show - since it appears that she keeps things pretty focused on her priorities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT