ADVERTISEMENT

College football on Facebook tonight

Jul 7, 2017
I'm glad the NFL hasn't decided to overshadow college football in Week 1 (yet), but I'm bummed there are no FBS games on traditional TV tonight. That being said, diehards can catch the Idaho State vs. Utah State game on Facebook tonight (via Stadium).

I watched the Rutgers basketball game on FB last year, and it wasn't a bad experience.

Reactions: ScarletCrimson
I'd actually be interested to see that game, but truly hate these types of web broadcasts.

Can't you damn millennials do anything without your Facebook and Instagram. :p

Hope it works. After ESPN's total crash last weekend blocked out all of the games going on at the time, I have less faith in the readiness of streaming as a reliable platform for live sports.

Hope it works. After ESPN's total crash last weekend blocked out all of the games going on at the time, I have less faith in the readiness of streaming as a reliable platform for live sports.

Yeah, it's really not ready, from my experience. Never had a significant crash like that, but quality tends to go in and out and occassionally get a brief outage - pretty annoying if it's a big 3rd down or something.

This'll be my first year relying on stream only, so will see how it goes.

Facebook should just quit. I couldn't watch more than a 3 second clip before it stop working all together.

I had no problem with the stream. The video quality was great, too. In fact, it was better than I expect on my Roku for the Rutgers game Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT