ADVERTISEMENT

Coming in at #6 in the Coaches Poll

It's interesting that there are only three undefeated teams left this early in the season.

A lot of good teams. Really wish they would expand tournament and have some of the really crappy conference champs moved to play-in games. Not enough at large bids IMO
IMO 20 is the sweet spot for the NCAA Tourney. Big enough without watering down the product too much.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
A lot of good teams. Really wish they would expand tournament and have some of the really crappy conference champs moved to play-in games. Not enough at large bids IMO

Agreed. I think some play in games is the way to go for these small conference teams.

UVA continues to be the apex predator of the season with an 18-13 win over Hopkins.
They’re the top dog but I’ll say they are NOT Maryland of last year. That UMD team would still beat this UVA team by 4-5 goals.

UVA is excellent this year, may in fact win it all, but we’re not dealing with a 2022 UMD IMO

Last edited:
They’re the top dog but I’ll say they are NOT Maryland of last year. That UMD team would still be this UVA team by 4-5 goals.

UVA is excellent this year, May win it all, but we’re not dealing with a 2022 UMD IMO
Yeah. The 22 UMD team legit will go down as one of the best teams to ever play D1 men's lax.

Reactions: mattkamish
They’re the top dog but I’ll say they are NOT Maryland of last year. That UMD team would still beat this UVA team by 4-5 goals.

UVA is excellent this year, may in fact win it all, but we’re not dealing with a 2022 UMD IMO
They are very talented. And deep.

Maryland would have beaten them pretty easily if they had last years team imo. UVAs defense is prone to sliding mistakes and Maryland of 22 feasted on that. Their fogo would have them get the ball often and their D was played so connected they made very good teams like us look ordinary.

I’m also not sold on in UVAs goalie. They are clearly the best team right now but I’d take odds on another team winning the championship if offered today.

Reactions: mattkamish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT