ADVERTISEMENT

Concerns About Lacrosse Direction

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Season previews have started to come out and I cannot help but remain concerned about the troubling trajectory of the program. Last year I foresaw a lack of firepower from our transfer class and a likelihood of finishing either last or next to last in conference play two years in a row. Unfortunately, that came to fruition.

A few trends have been at play during this downward trend.

1. Coaches first market advantage to heavily relying on the transfer market has disappeared. Coach was very smart to leverage the portal early, but other programs are doing the same, and we have not been getting good transfer classes.

2. Programs like Michigan and Penn St are seeing the fruits of investment as time has gone on.

Specific to this year, our transfer class is lacking again. We lose most of our offensive fire power outside of big time freshman Kurdyla and the other kid I’m forgetting right now, kulas or dulas. Now this could be a good thing bc our offense struggled last year. But im not seeing the talent coming in that could provide anything but a mild improvement. We bring in a Merrimack mid who was was very productive, but not much more.

For those who keep tabs with Rutgers lacrosse or lacrosse in general, what are the reason for optimism going into next season?

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.