ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Only rebounding numbers

Greene Rice FIG

Hall of Famer
Dec 30, 2005
Since the MSU game we have put our rebounding issue to bed. I think it is clear why when looking at the numbers. JaMike and Simpson have really stepped up. These are rebounding percentages in B1G play (only Illnois was pre MSU game). rebounding percentages is the percent chance the player grabs a rebound when available.

Player OREB% - DREB%
Cliff 10.0-24.6
Woolfolk 9.9-14.4
Hyatt 4.1-13.6
JaMike 3.6-13.6 (thanks JaMike)
Austin 4.9-12.5
Derek 5.2-12.3 (thanks Derek)
Oskar 5.4-10.9
Mag 4.1-10.4 (disappointing)
Noah 1.1-6.3
Gavin 4.4-5.6

JMike and Simpson crashing the boards instead of leaking out has been enormous

JWill should be a plus rebounder with his effort and athletic ability. Ogbole in theory should be a better rebounder than Wolf

Mag rebounding has definitely been a surprising decline

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Adding up the numbers....
A starting 5 (old)
Cliff 24.6
Hyatt 13.6
Mag 10.4
Austin 12.5
Simpson 12.3
Total 73.4%

73.4% is around 70th area for DREB a far cry from where we were.

JWill in 1 game rebounded a bit higher than AWILL

Reactions: Scangg
JMike and Simpson crashing the boards instead of leaking out has been enormous

JWill should be a plus rebounder with his effort and athletic ability. Ogbole in theory should be a better rebounder than Wolf

Mag rebounding has definitely been a surprising decline
This will give you a west coast stiffy

j will 6.4-16.1
ogbole 23.1-14.6

sample size 1 game

• Love

j will 6.4-16.1
ogbole 23.1-14.6

sample size 1 game
Me like

We were 4th in defensive efficiency before JWill who should be one of our best defenders as well. Ogbole better rebounding and a bigger option defensively for players with too much size for Wolf

How good can this defense really be? If JWill really does help improve the offense as well... there is a real scenario for hope of a stronger than expected finish to the season

Me like

We were 4th in defensive efficiency before JWill who should be one of our best defenders as well. Ogbole better rebounding and a bigger option defensively for players with too much size for Wolf

How good can this defense really be? If JWill really does help improve the offense as well... there is a real scenario for hope of a stronger than expected finish to the season
I am pumping the brakes to get more of a JWILL sample. AWILL at times has looked the part of being the guy we need and has some fizzle games. AWILL and JWILL both appear to have shooting problems. In 1 game JWILL did seem to have that "vision" skill that I have been desparately asking for and pinned the primary reason for this season's significant underperformance.

j will 6.4-16.1
ogbole 23.1-14.6

sample size 1 game
Ogbole with 2 ORebs in 8 minutes (3 total), not bad. JWill with 6 boards in game 1, nice.

Amazing that JMike is tied for third in DReb percentage behind only our two centers. The kid’s effort is off the charts.

Kudos to Derek too, just a tremendous rebounder for a guy his size. He takes a lot of shots but he gives you everything he has on D as well.

I am pumping the brakes to get more of a JWILL sample. AWILL at times has looked the part of being the guy we need and has some fizzle games. AWILL and JWILL both appear to have shooting problems. In 1 game JWILL did seem to have that "vision" skill that I have been desparately asking for and pinned the primary reason for this season's significant underperformance.
JWill is clearly more athletic than AWill though. He drove and looked to pass! Has some length and agility to finish with that nice euro step of his. On court leadership and energy

I'm buying in and it's only partially due to desperation (I think)

Ogbole with 2 ORebs in 8 minutes (3 total), not bad. JWill with 6 boards in game 1, nice.

Amazing that JMike is tied for third in DReb percentage behind only our two centers. The kid’s effort is off the charts.

Kudos to Derek too, just a tremendous rebounder for a guy his size. He takes a lot of shots but he gives you everything he has on D as well.
JaMike is a hard worker! 😃

Reactions: BillyC80 and Scangg
From the start of the season through January 13, we were 98th in OReb and 269th in DReb.

From January 14 until today, we're 104th and 147th. Definitely better.

• Love
Reactions: fatsam98 and Scangg
From the start of the season through January 13, we were 98th in OReb and 269th in DReb.

From January 14 until today, we're 104th and 147th. Definitely better.
That really underscores just how terrible the rebounding was early season when you consider the level of competition for the majority of those games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT