ADVERTISEMENT

Football Contract Details for STC Adam Scheier

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
The contract details are mostly the same as everyone else on staff and he will make $250,000 in each of the next two seasons.

— OC/QB Sean Gleeson ($800k)
— DC Robb Smith ($650k)
— Secondary Fran Brown ($575k)
— S&C Jay Butler ($500k)
— DL Jim Panagos ($450k)
— LBs Bob Fraser ($350k)
— OL Andrew Aurich ($300k)
— Offensive Asst. Augie Hoffmann ($275k)
— Special Teams Coor. Adam Scheiner ($250k)
— WRs Tiquan Underwood ($250k)

Reactions: R U Crazy
So that has us at 3.9M for the 9 assistants excluding NC. Butler would go towards the support staff budget. Say for being interim HC and holding down the fort he got a bump to 500K that would put us at 4.4M for the 10 assistants and 3.3M left over for support staff which seems like a big number. I get the feeling the full 7.7M budget may not be used this year.

So that has us at 3.9M for the 9 assistants excluding NC. Butler would go towards the support staff budget. Say for being interim HC and holding down the fort he got a bump to 500K that would put us at 4.4M for the 10 assistants and 3.3M left over for support staff which seems like a big number. I get the feeling the full 7.7M budget may not be used this year.
I’m sure it will be. Worst case scenario you bring in 15 guys at $80k to round off the last million. Like my marketing budget if I don’t use it, I lost it. Why let it go to waste.

No way NC should get $500K. He should get in the area of Aurich & Hoffmann. $275 to $300K.

Reactions: PaKnight
What about Kolby Smith’s salary? That’s still on the books.

Decent Salary Pool. Schiano didn't have to overpay for anyone.
Does anyone have last years listing of Rutgers Salaries?

Would be good to compare.

Reactions: RU1977
Unless there is a provision to carry over an unused amount, what is the incentive for GS not to use it all? He doesn’t get a bonus for keeping it below the contractually guaranteed amount.

No reason not to bring on as many competent support staff as possible. This should help in recruiting and football administration roles tremendously.

With Nunzio's salary even if he gets a slight bump in pay puts total position coach salaries at approximately $4.2m.

That leaves a lot of unspent money in the pot after they complete hiring the support staff.

It "depends" on what the AD has defined as "support" staff.

Asst S & C get salaries.
GA's
Dir Football Ops.
Dir Recruiting.
Various O& D analysists
Video production.

Unless there is a provision to carry over an unused amount, what is the incentive for GS not to use it all? He doesn’t get a bonus for keeping it below the contractually guaranteed amount.

There are several good reason. First, like DC, maybe he didn't get who he wanted. Maybe the DC is gone in a year and you need to spend more on the next guy. You can't cut comp from the 9 other coaches who remain on staff and allocate it to DC. In another scenario, maybe one coach on staff becomes a really hot name next off-season and GS needs to give a big raise to him to keep him.

All of these guys are on two year contracts, so having flexibility for replacements in future years is a huge benefit.

Having the larger pool available made it possible to get Gleeson and go after Campanille. But you don't just commit your $ pool to people because it's budgeted, because you might need to go get a highly sought after person next off season.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT