ADVERTISEMENT

D. McCourty could be a F.A. very soon

or, they'd rather pay Revis. If they paid McCourty, Revis and Browner that would be a tremendously expensive defensive backfield. BB may rather spend the money on a WR or RB (there's lots of good ones out there). Wouldn't mind if it opened the door for the Jets...

Bill B. does not give anything or anyone he wants. He does love Revis, Browner and McCourty. Ghost is one of the best kickers in the game. He was never going to give him up.

Talking heads on ESPN say it's likely he didn't get franchised because they're close to a deal. DMac wants to stay and BB wants him. Expecting a contract close to what he would get with franchise tag. Of course a lot can happen between now and next Tuesday/Wednesday when he'd become a free agent.

Jason M. thinks his brother stays in NE - but he said if bro leaves he will be trying to get him to Titans.

Originally posted by RUScrew85:
Eagles have interest and are local.
I would love for them to get him, but think it is unlikely. The most likely scenario is that NE resigns him. If NE doesn' sign him, McCourty would definitely be on the Eagles radar. However, they have a similar situation with Maclin, who they didn't franchise and are looking to resign. They are also rumored to be going after Maxwell from Seattle.

I think that the Eagles can easily sign 2 of those 3, but it would take some maneuvering to get all 3. I think Maclin probably stays so I would say that it would either come down to getting McCourty or Maxwell for them.

Originally posted by SouthJerseyRU:

Eagles have interest and are local.
I would love for them to get him, but think it is unlikely. The most likely scenario is that NE resigns him. If NE doesn' sign him, McCourty would definitely be on the Eagles radar. However, they have a similar situation with Maclin, who they didn't franchise and are looking to resign. They are also rumored to be going after Maxwell from Seattle.

I think that the Eagles can easily sign 2 of those 3, but it would take some maneuvering to get all 3. I think Maclin probably stays so I would say that it would either come down to getting McCourty or Maxwell for them.
Eagles are way under the cap, which I think unexpectedly rose by $10m too.

Who has more cap money than the Jets? BB finds system guys but buys stars. DM is not Revis. I hope he gets to stay there but other bidders will make that unlikely.

Originally posted by Wutevah:

Originally posted by CornerTavern:
Or the Giants!
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Giants have a huge hole at safety but barely any cap room with the JPP franchise tag.
They should have stuck with Will Hill and the roller coaster that he is

Right now I give it a 60% chance that he winds up in .....gulp.....Jacksonville.

He seems to want to stay. After the obligatory "it's a business comment," in interviews he always expresses interest in staying. They're competitive every year and he just won a Super Bowl. I'd want to stay too.

hope he stays,and hope Jason leaves my Titans too, worst franchise in the league

The Eagles will never get him as they are too cheap. He's not leaving a Super Bowl champ and not getting paid. This will be his last chance at big $$

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
The Eagles will never get him as they are too cheap. He's not leaving a Super Bowl champ and not getting paid. This will be his last chance at big $$
They just cut Cary Williams and have a lot of room under the cap...

I think the Eagles go All-In to get Marcus Mariota at 3 or 4. I don't know what their long range pick situation is for the trade-up but they will have a hefty mortgage.

They have $32MM in cap space now. Could get another $8MM or so if they when they deal with Trent Cole.

But they never use all their cap (they rolled over like $13MM this past season). So let's say if they restructure Cole and end up with around $40MM in cap space, they'll likely roll say $13MM over again.

That gives them $27MM. Maclin is going to eat up a chunk. If they sign Maxwell, another big chunk. They can't get Maxwell and McCourty unless they eat up most of their cap space. And one reason they want to roll over cap space is that they have big decisions on Fletcher Cox and Kendricks coming up. They are going to have to get paid soon too. And if they can't get Mariota and stick with Foles and he has a good year, he's a FA, so they would have to sign him long term too.

This post was edited on 3/3 1:23 PM by Ty Webb

The Eagles always have room under the cap. I don't think they been near the cap since Jeffery Lurie bought the team 20 years ago.

If he becomes a free agent, does that preclude him from still signing with the Pats? If I am him, I test the market because you have only so many chances and it is likely he would get a better deal from another club.

Julian Edelman tested free agency (last year?) and still returned to play in NE. That was win-win for NE and Julian - big time.

Patriots run on only three men: Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Everyone else is expendable. They can fit anyone into the system. They are a corporate team not a typical NFL team.

The Eagles always have room under the cap. I don't think they been near the cap since Jeffery Lurie bought the team 20 years ago.
They announced they are cutting Trent Cole too. Mo $ Mo $ Mo $

The Eagles are rumored to have traded LaSean McCoy to Buffalo.

Should be $50M under the cap at EOB tomorrow.

Holy Moley.

This post was edited on 3/3 8:37 PM by RUScrew85

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT