ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Delran OL Kenny Jones commit to Rutgers, becomes first 2024 commit

spanky-oh-boy.gif

Road grater, pancake maker! It’s interesting that Fran Brown was his main recruiter at least that’s what it says on his page. I’m glad he stuck with the University and not just the guy who recruited him.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Nice to see Schiano and staff continue bringing in guys that actually physically are already ready to compete in a few years . Remember when we used to get O line recruits 30-40 lbs less than our opponents.

I can already predict at least three things the "nattering nabobs of negativism" will say about this. As they post them I'll tell you.
Not being negative just an honest opinion, but he does not have an impressive film. He is more like 6'3 than 6'5, very heavy, stands upright and does not seem quick.

Having said that , he is very young and could still improve in many areas.

Not being negative just an honest opinion, but he does not have an impressive film. He is more like 6'3 than 6'5, very heavy, stands upright and does not seem quick.

Having said that , he is very young and could still improve in many areas.
Wasn't including you in that group.
Your criicisms are legitimate observations and yes he is young so there's that also.
:)

The previous recruit from Delran,,,Kenny Fletcher showed some potential in his rookie year.
Fletcher was a Top 10 NJ recruit last year.
This is a whole different situation. Let’s hope Jones can develop and make an impact.

Hope the kid develops into a star. It's just funny that our fanbase gets excited over every recruit as if we just made a big leap of improvement. Small time mentality that still doesn't understand what's necessary to build a consistently successful program in this conference. Again, I really hope this kid can be developed and one day becomes an impactful starter for us. Based on his video, to read anything more into this is just blind optimism & platitudes at this point.

Seems like a smart kid.. hope our coaches can really develop him into a quality starter.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUaMoose
Hope the kid develops into a star. It's just funny that our fanbase gets excited over every recruit as if we just made a big leap of improvement. Small time mentality that still doesn't understand what's necessary to build a consistently successful program in this conference. Again, I really hope this kid can be developed and one day becomes an impactful starter for us. Based on his video, to read anything more into this is just blind optimism & platitudes at this point.

Seems like a smart kid.. hope our coaches can really develop him into a quality starter.
And why shouldn’t a fanbase be excited not only for Rutgers but the player himself or herself. You never stop proving your stupidity to the board. Not every player makes an impact but there is certainly no reason not to wish him a great career at Rutgers. We actually have had many 3* players under Schiano go on to very good careers at Rutgers and the NFL . Think I’ll trust Schiano and staff over some biased board troll.

And why shouldn’t a fanbase be excited not only for Rutgers but the player himself or herself. You never stop proving your stupidity to the board. Not every player makes an impact but there is certainly no reason not to wish him a great career at Rutgers. We actually have had many 3* players under Schiano go on to very good careers at Rutgers and the NFL . Think I’ll trust Schiano and staff over some biased board troll.
Strawman, you miss the point as per usual. And more insults. Thanks for continuing to prove me right. Stop getting triggered into lobbing personal attacks.

And you do realize that every long tenured coach has had 3 stars go to the NFL? And 95% of the recruits Rutgers gets is a 3 star or below, which makes it a mathematical certainty that out of such a big sample size, occasionally a few will make the next level. But the wide majority of 3 stars under Schiano don't, and certainly haven't led to notable wins in the Big 10.

You represent the faction of our fanbase that lives in a vacuum and enjoys doing so, instead of grasping the bigger picture process of winning consistently at this level.

Last edited:
Strawman, you miss the point as per usual. And more insults. Thanks for continuing to prove me right. Stop getting triggered into lobbing personal attacks.

And you do realize that every long tenured coach has had 3 stars go to the NFL? And 95% of the recruits Rutgers gets is a 3 star or below, which makes it a mathematical certainty that out of such a big sample size, occasionally a few will make the next level. But the wide majority of 3 stars under Schiano don't, and certainly haven't led to notable wins in the Big 10.

You represent the faction of our fanbase that lives in a vacuum and enjoys doing so, instead of grasping the bigger picture process of winning consistently at this level.
Never miss the point on your stupidity. The fact is you and others are criticizing this latest ‘24 recruit. I’ll buy into Schiano’s picks over your idiocy 10 days til Sunday. Iowa , Wisconsin, Indiana , Illinois , Nebraska , Northwestern far more 3’s than 4 or 5’s. Where they have done better is at QB, TE, RB ,O line on offense . On D it was at LBer , Dline where it really matters in B1G. It is easy to find fault until the time arrives and it will maybe sooner than later.

• Haha
Reactions: RutgersSam
Never miss the point on your stupidity. The fact is you and others are criticizing this latest ‘24 recruit. I’ll buy into Schiano’s picks over your idiocy 10 days til Sunday. Iowa , Wisconsin, Indiana , Illinois , Nebraska , Northwestern far more 3’s than 4 or 5’s. Where they have done better is at QB, TE, RB ,O line on offense . On D it was at LBer , Dline where it really matters in B1G. It is easy to find fault until the time arrives and it will maybe sooner than later.
Maybe try understanding my post before repeatedly stepping on your crank. No criticism on this recruit exists in my post.

Feel free to buy into a coach that hasn't had any real success in 16 years. It makes sense that people like you respect that kind of resume. Try having higher standards.. it really does improve your standing in life Bobby.

Maybe try understanding my post before repeatedly stepping on your crank. No criticism on this recruit exists in my post.

Feel free to buy into a coach that hasn't had any real success in 16 years. It makes sense that people like you respect that kind of resume. Try having higher standards.. it really does improve your standing in life Bobby.
I understand you are a troll for many seasons. Your ilk resides on many other team’s sites. If you had for once gave credit going back to Schiano 1 I would listen . It’s not like you haven’t antagonized for many years. Done … you are on ignore.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I understand you are a troll for many seasons. Your ilk resides on many other team’s sites. If you had for once gave credit going back to Schiano 1 I would listen . It’s not like you haven’t antagonized for many years. Done … you are on ignore.
Again, create whatever false narrative based on fabrications that make you feel better

Yep he’s on ignore as well. Don’t give a sh*t what he says anymore. Enuf people put him on ignore he can talk to himself.

Bingo
Greg had a good class last season. He needs to string 3 of these type classes in a row. Unfortunately next year we won’t. Not one 4 Star and only 1 Top 10 NJ . Recruit. Real disappointment so far.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Don't think Sam's a troll. Think he just has a different opinion which some ppl get offended by ( never understood that). Diverse points of view lead to a richer more robust conversation.

Don't think Sam's a troll. Think he just has a different opinion which some ppl get offended by ( never understood that). Diverse points of view lead to a richer more robust conversation.
The fact is you can have an opinion however those criticizing openly on this board a recruit no less who is a 2 years out from possibly being here is obnoxious . Nobody says this guy can’t express his take on a recruit but for the love of God use some sensibility. You don’t think even higher rated recruits see and read these boards. This player, a New Jersey kid , is what so many on this board complain we don’t secure. I have wondered for 55 years why Rutgers fans and alums are so much into self flagellation. Enough …welcome Kenny Jones if you do finally pick RU as your home.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT