ADVERTISEMENT

Did The Eastern Michigan QB Hit The Ground?

I think we came after him once on a blitz in the last series that disrupted his timing or then that very little.

Only when he ran to the sideline on a time out and tripped over one of his own players.

I thought the D played well enough, certainly not the problem today, but yeah, I fully expected our D-line to create havoc on passing plays.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
The total lack of pressure by the front 4 was incredibly disappointing, The coaching staff's failure to deal with that fact with some blitzes or other adjustments was equally disappointing.

The total lack of pressure by the front 4 was incredibly disappointing, The coaching staff's failure to deal with that fact with some blitzes or other adjustments was equally disappointing.

This ^ . When your front 4 aren't getting to the QB, you need to manufacture pressure. We blitz once in the last series that took the QB out of rhythm for an incomplete pass in the end zone

The EMU QB was getting the ball out quick. They had a good gameplan on O. They did a great job all game of getting the ball out quick to negate the pass rush. Similar to what Fresno State did to us a few years ago.

Combine that with an offense that has no sense of urgency, doesn't attemp to get the ball to one of the best open field runners in America, bone head substitutions and horrific clock management and you've got some boring product
Yup. And punting from the other team's 37 or 38. Sheesh, we aren't playing to win.

The EMU QB was getting the ball out quick. They had a good gameplan on O. They did a great job all game of getting the ball out quick to negate the pass rush. Similar to what Fresno State did to us a few years ago.

That was true early, but later he took 7 step drops and had all day to throw.

And what pass rush was that?

We made his life pleasant by doing less than nothing to disrupt or harass him.
That equals boring, not trying to win football

You can already see that Ash is very much a meat and potatoes coach, who makes decisions that football 101 dictates that you make.

For a program dying on the vine, he is making the worst mistake possible. Losing, and doing it in frustrating, boring ways.

Combine that with an offense that has no sense of urgency, doesn't attemp to get the ball to one of the best open field runners in America, bone head substitutions and horrific clock management and you've got some boring product

I think you left out a penchant for undisciplined penalties.

get used to it, it's going to get worse when we start playing the BIG teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT