ADVERTISEMENT

Dinosaur Basketball

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The B1G including RU plays dinosaur basketball. Slow, plodding, primarily through the big men, and then wonders why they don't do squat in March. Maybe when UCLA comes in and completely dominates the conference from Day 1, the rest of the conference will evolve and play modern era ball through the guards.

The B1G including RU plays dinosaur basketball. Slow, plodding, primarily through the big men, and then wonders why they don't do squat in March. Maybe when UCLA comes in and completely dominates the conference from Day 1, the rest of the conference will evolve and play modern era ball through the guards.
Final score was 88-86 in overtime. Not sure I'd call that slow and plodding.

Reactions: RUbacker and cm_13
it wasn’t tonight but i get young point. more athletes, more pace needed. These players r on the way for us at least

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
cant win when playing an uptempo pace

surprisingly RU was able to keep a high scoring Michigan team in check so why the total hands up oh well routine tonight
this is one of a couple of things I have issue with Pike. His apparent "stick to the routine" thing. I know that even if that zone was just a tad more effective on D he would come out with it for about 4 -5 processions in the middle of the 2nd half and then it would disappear.

The other thing is Wolf had 4 points but he was grabbing rebounds! He had 4 in 13 mins compared to Cliff getting 5 in 32 mins.
We were getting beat inside too and killed on the boards during a stretch. Wolf is certainly more athletic. IF defense is your game and we weren't getting it done why not play them both for a period of time? It's not like we're giving up a huge scoring advantage.

this is one of a couple of things I have issue with Pike. His apparent "stick to the routine" thing. I know that even if that zone was just a tad more effective on D he would come out with it for about 4 -5 processions in the middle of the 2nd half and then it would disappear.

The other thing is Wolf had 4 points but he was grabbing rebounds! He had 4 in 13 mins compared to Cliff getting 5 in 32 mins.
We were getting beat inside too and killed on the boards during a stretch. Wolf is certainly more athletic. IF defense is your game and we weren't getting it done why not play them both for a period of time? It's not like we're giving up a huge scoring advantage.

Agree. Pike's failure to get outside the box is frustrating.

The next 2 recruiting classes have more high powered athletes coming in. Hopefully Dylan joins the 2024 class and Pike finds another scorer in the Portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT