ADVERTISEMENT

Dixon, Monangai & Zilinskas Named All-ECAC

What exactly is the ECAC? Wikipedia was not very helpful
From their linked website:

The ECAC (Eastern College Athletic Conference) is an eighty-year old organization with well over 200 members schools across all three NCAA Divisions - I, II and III - that exists to enhance the experience of student-athletes participating in intercollegiate athletics, and provide great value for universities and colleges, by sponsoring championships, leagues, bowl games, tournaments and other competitions throughout the Northeast. Most of the ECAC's members also belong to another conference, which is often the school's primary conference.

Back in the day it was a pretty big deal. The 1976 Final Four team qualified for the NCAA as ECAC champion. Nowadays, it does hold championship tournaments in sports like Cross Country, Track and Field, Swimming/Diving, and Gymnastics. However, for the most part it seems like a D3 thing.

Reactions: Joey Bags
What exactly is the ECAC? Wikipedia was not very helpful

Something that was a lot more important 50 years ago than it is today. It awarded the Lambert Trophy to the best team in the East (meaning Northeast plus Pa. and Md.) With Penn St., Syracuse, BC, Army, Navy, Pitt and Rutgers all independent it was sort of a non-league league. Ivies were also included as they were 1-A back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey Bags
Something that was a lot more important 50 years ago than it is today. It awarded the Lambert Trophy to the best team in the East (meaning Northeast plus Pa. and Md.) With Penn St., Syracuse, BC, Army, Navy, Pitt and Rutgers all independent it was sort of a non-league league. Ivies were also included as they were 1-A back then.
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember us winning that trophy back in 2014 i think

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT