ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Dylan Harper already signed his LOI

Since we are past the early signing period but not yet at the April signing period, does this mean he actually was signed this whole time?

I know t's not likely they'll all be back, but a starting five of Dylan, Ace, Cliff, JWill, and Mag could go very far
you could see if mag isnt back
jwill
davis
dylan
ace
cliff

I think Davis, if improved, will have a shot as a starter because of his D

Since we are past the early signing period but not yet at the April signing period, does this mean he actually was signed this whole time?
That would mean he was signed even before he announced his commitment in December!

I actually was gonna start a thread about him not being listed as signed.
But I thought better of it....we've had enough of those. He'll sign when he signs.
Funny how it's his birthday but I feel like I'm the one that got a super present.
"Wait 'til next year" never meant so much.

I know t's not likely they'll all be back, but a starting five of Dylan, Ace, Cliff, JWill, and Mag could go very far
It's a national title contender type lineup IMO

So much length and athleticism

Possible concern of 3 point shooting, but the bar is extremely low to be better

How willing and able are Dylan and Ace to really want to play elite D. Both should be able to be plus defenders

Have to imagine the higher level of competition these two have gone against along with the obvious elite skill sets will help them transition faster to college than your typical freshman

Reactions: RUDiddy777

How willing and able are Dylan and Ace to really want to play elite D. Both should be able to be plus defenders

Have to imagine the higher level of competition these two have gone against along with the obvious elite skill sets will help them transition faster to college than your typical freshman
To be highly successful next season Rutgers needs a 3 point shooter from the corners.Opponents will play zone against Rutgers to minimize the dribble drives bye Bailey and Harper forcing shots from the perimeter.

I wonder why he didn't want to announce it until now
Maybe he enjoyed watching whiny old men that peaked in middle school rec hoops moan and complain that the sky is falling, worst case scenario, Kansas has deep NIL pockets, Pike can’t coach, etc. You have to admit it was some good comic relief!

Reactions: DC8690
To be highly successful next season Rutgers needs a 3 point shooter from the corners.Opponents will play zone against Rutgers to minimize the dribble drives bye Bailey and Harper forcing shots from the perimeter.
3 and D type in portal is top priority if Cliff stays. That and 5 both priorities if he leaves

Pike uncharacteristically putting some pressure on Dylan...

“We are so excited to officially welcome Harper to the Rutgers basketball family and look forward to him becoming one of the all-time great Scarlet Knights.”

“We are so excited to officially welcome Harper to the Rutgers basketball family and look forward to him becoming one of the all-time great Scarlet Knights.”
not sure how you can be an all time great if you're only there for one season

And their build. Dylan is coming in built like a grown man. I think Gavin is going to really benefit from a year of S&C and will be light years better. Your other point is sort of why I think people need to give Derek the benefit of the doubt - he stayed at Lenape out of loyalty and it probably slowed his development - plus being thrown into the fire so early and expected to lead.

I said in November that I thought he might have actually signed. I am very happy that this is now official. As a fan for almost 60 years I welcome this. All of us who have been long suffering and true Rutgers fans really deserve this. There are way too many negative RU followers on this forum who constantly rip RU who are not really true RU fans. We need people who are true fans when it comes to rooting for RU Basketball. There are so many people who have tried to join the bandwagon when they are usually bashing our team. Many now want tickets to the games but where were they when the team needed as much help as possible. The true fans are the ones who have stuck with our team. I myself have only missed 4 home games since the RAC opened and I went to 13 games in the 75-76 season and have followed the team since Lloyd & Valvano and have suffered through the Littlepage, Hill and Jordan years but have always supported the team and never ripped them. I cannot wait to see this team next season and I am hoping we can end this season on a good note.

I said in November that I thought he might have actually signed. I am very happy that this is now official. As a fan for almost 60 years I welcome this. All of us who have been long suffering and true Rutgers fans really deserve this. There are way too many negative RU followers on this forum who constantly rip RU who are not really true RU fans. We need people who are true fans when it comes to rooting for RU Basketball. There are so many people who have tried to join the bandwagon when they are usually bashing our team. Many now want tickets to the games but where were they when the team needed as much help as possible. The true fans are the ones who have stuck with our team. I myself have only missed 4 home games since the RAC opened and I went to 13 games in the 75-76 season and have followed the team since Lloyd & Valvano and have suffered through the Littlepage, Hill and Jordan years but have always supported the team and never ripped them. I cannot wait to see this team next season and I am hoping we can end this season on a good note.
People who complain about Pike have to remember where this program was before he got here.

• Love
Reactions: TRU2RU and Scangg

That’s not putting pressure on him. That’s what Dylan is coming to RU to do. Seems like he loves the spotlight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT