ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's College Game Day Is...

coming to App State and Boone NC for the Sept 17 game vs Troy. WooooHoooooo!!! As the locals here like to say, "Boone Sucks. Tell Your Friends."
Yup posted that in the games thread and tweet about the reveal to the team. Good for them they deserve it. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: RUinPinehurst
ESPN Gameday is a total mess! It’s embarrassing to watch. Professional wrestling, that says it all. Turn out the lights on that train wreck!

Boone is a pretty small mountain town, with about 12,000 residents. But when school is "on," it more than doubles the population. Some longtime residents resent the school, it's growth, the power it wields, how it's driving up costs, etc. But I really enjoy the energy and atmosphere of a small college town and the amenities it offers. But remember: "Boone Sucks. Tell Your Friends." And "Go 'Neers!"

Reactions: ScarletDave
That's King Street. Mainly retail and eateries and a few bars (including my fav the Boone Saloon.). Some scattered student off-campus apartments mixed in. But just behind this is the campus. Just a hundred yards or less. That's why you see kids converging from both directions.

That's King Street. Mainly retail and eateries and a few bars (including my fav the Boone Saloon.). Some scattered student off-campus apartments mixed in. But just behind this is the campus. Just a hundred yards or less. That's why you see kids converging from both directions.
It is a remarkable video. Exultation! Love it. Nice town. Hope Gameday does a great job.. guessing the students will support it well... I know when they went to ND State it was a good show. Not sure it will help get out the word that Boone sucks though. Good luck with that. Is it named for Daniel Boone? Or maybe Daniel Boone was named for the same reason the town was.

It is a remarkable video. Exultation! Love it. Nice town. Hope Gameday does a great job.. guessing the students will support it well... I know when they went to ND State it was a good show. Not sure it will help get out the word that Boone sucks though. Good luck with that. Is it named for Daniel Boone? Or maybe Daniel Boone was named for the same reason the town was.
Yes. The town of Boone is named after Daniel Boone. His family had moved from Pennsylvania to Yadkin Valley NC about 45 miles east of Boone. He worked his way west hunting game and based himself here before moving farther west to Ken-tuk-ee. Remnants from his cabin's fireplace/chimney were relocated and today form a monument to him on campus, off River Street. There's also a statue on campus of him and his two dogs. Not far from Yosef. If you tune into Game Day, I'm sure all will be showcased. If you're interested in Daniel Boone, Robert Morgan wrote a very good bio of him.

Part of the early Boone-related history here are two nearby towns: Trade (TN) and Meat Camp (NC).

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT