ADVERTISEMENT

Essie

Syessence is an amazing defensive player, takes great care of the ball, really hustles out there, and I love what she brings to this team. That being said, I do not see her playing in the WNBA. There are only 12 teams, each team with a 12 player limit, which makes 144 players max. There simply aren't enough available roster spots for someone who doesn't score. She could likely have a career overseas, however, if the desire is there.

Originally posted by shields:

Does not shoot well enough.
her jump shot is fine. She's consistently hit good jumpers both inside and outside the arc. the one commentator correctly noted she's just not needed to knock down shots and if she was then she would be.

The one thing that this team has had this year and last which was lacking in the last 5 seasons or so was Shot takers and the ability to take good shots. Look at our shooting percentages this year. We've been around 40-50 percent the majority of the season. Essie knocks down shots when she needs to, and she, Tyler, Kahleah, Betnijah and finally our bigs are taking GOOD shots. not just chucking them up.

We're much more aware of our positioning on the offensive side of the ball and the players I named above have an incredible talent for adjusting their shooting strength and their choices when making shot selections. We're taking our time and we're looking for the open players and even when we don't find the open player we're still executing good shots and the selection as well

I don't think she's on the WNBA radar, at least from what I see on RebKell.

look at her foul shooting percentage? Great on D though.

I'm amazed that with how quick she is
that she doesn't take it to the hole more often.
But that view is concentrating on the negative.
Rather we should just celebrate the quick hands and defensive instincts that
allowed her to be one of the top thieves in NCAA women's Bball

Did anyone see her amazing save in the first half, on the defensive side? She save the ball from going out of bounds, before her feet hit the ground tossed it to a teammate.

I hope someone can provide a better description of the play, as it was a highlight film moment!

She looked absolutely wild, but totally in control on that play. I thought her bug eyes and the camera angle on her were phenominal.

Originally posted by MC1974:
Did anyone see her amazing save in the first half, on the defensive side? She save the ball from going out of bounds, before her feet hit the ground tossed it to a teammate.

I hope someone can provide a better description of the play, as it was a highlight film moment!
it was a block but could have been easily credited as a steal (SHOULD HAVE BEEN IMO for the STREAK)
wink.r191677.gif

she blocked it, she gathered it as she is falling backwards out of bounds, you can hear her yell for Kah and Kah gets the pass almost without looking and not getting it cleanly in her hands, but she does, and they transition for a bucket maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT