ADVERTISEMENT

Extremely OT: Birds droppings on car

GilliganIsland

Sophomore
May 30, 2018
Warning this is extremely OT.

I live in a townhome and birds daily destroy my car and my neighbors' cars. Within 30 minutes of a car wash, the car is covered with bird droppings. Ive tried everything including plastic bags on the side mirrors. Does anyone have any non bb gun advice?

Ahhh, I was thinking bb gun but if you don't like that I suggest a shot gun. You can take out more of them with one pull of the trigger .

• Haha
Reactions: ScarletDave
I have this same problem, especially in the fall when the tree that covers my spot gets these red berries. I didn't invest in one, but I think a cloth cover would at least shield the car. Of course, that comes with the pain of having to take it off each time you leave and then washing it when it accumulates enough crap.

Where do the birds hang out? If there are perches on your house, consider bird spikes. Birds don't like shiny objects (aluminum foil on the extreme cheapskate end) - so maybe you can affix near the car. Or think scarecrow - a fake owl will probably keep them away for a while. You might also consider trying to attract raptors with a bird house nearby.

I live in a townhome and birds daily destroy my car and my neighbors' cars. Within 30 minutes of a car wash, the car is covered with bird droppings. Ive tried everything including plastic bags on the side mirrors. Does anyone have any non bb gun advice?

Park your car elsewhere or get a garage.

The birds rule them skies now. Know when you have lost not just the battle but the war.

Der Krieg Ist Verloren. 🕊️

Reactions: ILikePike
My wife hangs streamers. Flags on a string. where the birds like to congregate.
The movement of them keep the birds away.

InsecureEdibleHomalocephale-small.gif

Get a spray bottle with water and a soft cloth and spray the areas and trust me the bird dung will come off. One other thing do you live near the beach or lake? Do you have power , telephone or cable lines above where you park your car? How about trees near your vehicle? How often do you drive your car daily? Use a non carbon producing vehicle such as a bicycle. If this is your main and only worry then you are way ahead of most.

Not sure of the exact solution. I only know that The Great One taught us that we must know our enemy and fall back on our superior intelligence and superior firepower. Then you'll be all right.

Little Buddy, stop parking where the birds are crapping. If you can't do that, saran wrap your car when you park and peel it off when you leave for work.

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT