ADVERTISEMENT

Fernando and Cowan leaving MD for the NBA

Mr Magoo

Heisman Winner
Nov 15, 2001
surprised by the Cowan decision. Certainly knocks Maryland down a few pegs.

I hope they both stay in the draft. Maybe we can move up in the standings but Maryland has a lot of young talented players.

This announcement not really "going to the NBA" anymore, especially since players can hire agents and still return. In many cases it's just a way for a player to get a professional evaluation of their abilities and their game.

It works both ways. Last year nearly everybody thought Kevin Huerter was just going for the evaluation. It turned out that he impressed the scouts and ended up being a first round pick. So why not roll the dice and come out with a thorough evaluation as a worst-case scenario?

I think Fernando can stick to an nba roster down the bench. But, I think he could be an an absolute monster 4 yr college player. To me what he does best is pass out of the double team on the block for which not many in college can handle him 1 on 1. If they both return Maryland will go deep again next year as I thought they could’ve made a run this year

If you're a college hoops fan, do you really think he will be a 2nd round pick?
If that's where NBA teams like him, then yes I can see him going in the second round. He's a physical monster, but has limited offensive skills outside the paint.

If you're a college hoops fan, do you really think he will be a 2nd round pick?

Have no opinion on Fernando, but if I had to guess: “college hoops fans” who don’t watch the NBA and repeatedly say the “NBA sux” wouldn’t be my go-to for NBA draft predictions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT