ADVERTISEMENT

First individual rankings of the regular season!

Turley had an incredible run to earn an AA but he was also around 28th in the country entering that tournament. He’s definitely talented with huge upset potential, but while injuries have limited him, a 20-30th ranked wrestler is pretty much what he’s been his whole career. Expecting him to be a top 10 talent for an entire season isn’t realistic even if he does have a podium appearance in his career.

Reactions: KidDagger
Amen to that! I need the dynamic, rough and tough Turley back on the mat.
We would all love to see that Turley, but at this point it’s just fantasy.. he had a Buster Douglas like performance one podium run and that’s that… he’s ranked very appropriately rn until proven otherwise..

Seems like he gets better as the year goes on. Its been his trend. Think we see a better Turley late Jan- Mar then now

He needs a better strategy and approach to his matches. He looks like a man without a plan for 90% of the match.

We would all love to see that Turley, but at this point it’s just fantasy.. he had a Buster Douglas like performance one podium run and that’s that… he’s ranked very appropriately rn until proven otherwise..
I'd say there's a little more to it than "that's that". Seventh in the B1G last year and lost 2-1 in the NCAAs to a national champion says there still hope.

I'd say there's a little more to it than "that's that". Seventh in the B1G last year and lost 2-1 in the NCAAs to a national champion says there still hope.
The point is Turkey’s always been a 20th-30th ranked guy while everyone is holding out hope he returns to being a top 10 talent based on one tournament run.. he’s ranked correctly rn and I’d love to see Turley destroy everyone just not going to hope/expect it anymore…. Ok maybe I’ll still hope but then reality sets in..

We had 10 qualifiers one season (I believe)...think it was in the mid 2010's

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT