ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Florida State DL Malcolm Ray commits to Rutgers

Listed at 291 pounds. Huge pickup since he’s a grown-arse man.
Seems to me finding a lockdown cornerback in the portal should be very do-able given Schiano’s record with DB’s.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Ray’s film clips and what was said by their podcasters points to a guy who at the least can help us up front this fall. A grown man … that is a B1G plus.

Excellent pick up.
Plus we recruited 2 DL brothers from the Miami area in this class.
One is highly ranked and had big time offers.

Excellent pick up.
Plus we recruited 2 DL brothers from the Miami area in this class.
One is highly ranked and had big time offers.
You mean Tycoolhill and Tyclean Luman.
We also have coming in next Fall on the D-line Aaris Bethea, Elijah King, and Farell Gnago.

Reactions: RU#1fan
This
Plus DL Petersen just redshirted.
I was gonna post about Jasire Peterson...6'5" 280...2023 class. I saw him play a number of times at Union City h.s. and he was always impressive. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the mix on the d-line in 2024.
Ranked by Rivals as #9 recruit in New Jersey in 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU#1fan
"Ray’s departure is part of a larger exodus from FSU, with more than 15 players transferring...The Florida native joined FSU as a three-star recruit in the 2019 class. He has since participated in 42 games with seven starts, accumulating 60 tackles, ten tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, two pass deflections, and a fumble recovery. Despite his notable contributions, Ray’s playing time in 2023 was less than in previous years - a notable reduction in his participation compared to previous years, and a missed spring practice due to injury may also have influenced his decision. "

His PFF grades weren’t great but we have a huge hole at DT. He’ll certainly make the DL rotation.

I was gonna post about Jasire Peterson...6'5" 280...2023 class. I saw him play a number of times at Union City h.s. and he was always impressive. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the mix on the d-line in 2024.
Ranked by Rivals as #9 recruit in New Jersey in 2023.
This. He had big time offers during his recruitment.
He will be in the 2 deep on the DL in 2024.

Reactions: Kbee3
His PFF grades weren’t great but we have a huge hole at DT. He’ll certainly make the DL rotation.
He looks like he will be a very good addition. If he can disrupt , pursue and penetrate it’s good.I think we have several others currently on this roster who can get the job done.

Reactions: Morrischiano
There was another recruit for the defensive line in the 2023 class...Djibril Abdou Rahman....another Canadian. I've obviously never seen him play and know next to nothing about him though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT