ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruits by state with universities that play football

Well, what can you say? We may already know it, we may argue about it frequently and have factions that turn it into a pro/anti-Flood battle, but those numbers are damning, pure and simple. I bet you any college football fan outside of the northeast would find it shocking that NJ A) produces so many good players and B) retains just about none of them.

Not surprisingly, the best programs correspond to the states that retain the most instate talent (of course, those are also the states that HAVE the most talent. Surprised Rutgers is so red as I was under the impression New Jersey got raided by everyone.

AEKxBnY.0.png

this chart should be placed on our helmets for a game in place of the "R"

Originally posted by RUtah:
I bet you any college football fan outside of the northeast would find it shocking that NJ A) produces so many good players and B) retains just about none of them.
They are like English football (soccer) fans. They can't understand why their professional Premiere league teams are so good and their national team falls flat. Of course it's because many players in the pros are from somewhere other than England.

Can you imagine if Alabama had to find all their players within the state borders?

I knew Jersey produced talent but was unaware it was this talent rich. Rutgers has a great opportunity to build a powerhouse. With more revenue from the B1G and a B1G schedule with fan bases that travel making for more attractive experience than in the past I think you really have a chance to greatly elevate your program. Exciting time to be a Rutgers fan.

There is more than enough talent in the northeast east to win a national championship. You don't need to load up on kids from Florida or Texas. You just have to take care of things back home. Sure there are more numbers in Florida but the competition is much higher. You have a far better chance of beating Florida State or Alabama out for a kid in Pa, NY or NJ then you are Florida, Georgia or Alabama.

The report only includes the 3/4/5 star players. There are a lot more 2 * players in NJ that may be rated
3 or 4 * in other states. Look at our 2* recruits from the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT