ADVERTISEMENT

FSU frat attacks their own kicker

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
A frat that apparently has already succeeded in killing a pledge, has attacked the kicker for missing two kicks. Saw it on Yahoo's home page.

Went back and read the article. Police just reported this publicly but it happened Dec. 2016.

Last edited:
How is that not national news?
Point shaving?

Apparently the article i read has a mistake and says FSU lost the game, 31-13, which two missed field goals wouldnt make a difference anyway...but in reality FSU won tne game 31-13, so two missed field goals really doesnt make a difference...unless the over/under is 48, which apparently it was... So 31+13=44....add in the two missed FG woulda been 50......but many here argue football aint fixed...

Reactions: redking
I don't remember that one. What happened?
If I remember correctly (and maybe I don’t) I think at one point somebody left an empty beer bottle on the car. Not smashed. Just empty. Possibly poured on it first but not 100% on that part.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
If I remember correctly (and maybe I don’t) I think at one point somebody left an empty beer bottle on the car. Not smashed. Just empty. Possibly poured on it first but not 100% on that part.
Was it a craft brew?

Reactions: Finster Baby
I read it today as well........just after listening to latest episode of The Sideline Hustle.......

I know I've pimped this podcast before...... but Ep9 "Noise" was really good........ beside a great discussion with Nova and Teel about playing in loud stadiums......... Teel's comments about the way he was treated after the Cinci loss was pretty depressing........

subscribe if you haven't!!!

https://www.thesidelinehustle.com/the-podcast

Reactions: sidelinehustle
Thanks! I must have forgotten. In hindsight, it's incredible to think that even the most clueless student would have held Leonard accountable for those early-90's failings. Then, again, I remember bitching about unimaginative play-calling in '05, sending Leonard up-the-gut EVERY 1st and 2nd Down for 3+ yards per carry without fully internalizing that Brian WAS reliably picking-up 3+ yards on those Downs. Sometimes talent is the victim of its own ability.

Thanks! I must have forgotten. In hindsight, it's incredible to think that even the most clueless student would have held Leonard accountable for those early-90's failings. Then, again, I remember bitching about unimaginative play-calling in '05, sending Leonard up-the-gut EVERY 1st and 2nd Down for 3+ yards per carry without fully internalizing that Brian WAS reliably picking-up 3+ yards on those Downs. Sometimes talent is the victim of its own ability.

you're correct.....................
The same fan base that booed Rutgers fullback Brian Leonard all the way back to his car, then smashed a beer bottle on top and dented the hood revere the senior All-American now.

“I’ve still got the dent,” said Leonard, who also says “I love this place. I would’ve come back for free. I would’ve played just for the lunch money. I just wanted to get this team to the BCS.”

https://nypost.com/2006/11/19/knight-and-day-rutgers-has-come-farsince-2001-low-point/

Brian Leonard got the beer bottle on his hood.
But BL assumed that had something to do with football rather than a random drunk guy leaving a bottle on the hood of a random car. And he must have came to realize that because he later said he loved his time at Rutgers and wished he could play there forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT